UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2 Rotties In Last Two Days

Brunzara

Press scaremongers have an awful lot to answer for. :angry:

Kazz xx

Yes they do :angry: But it baffles me that people are so ready to get rid of their dogs because of what a blimmin tabloid newspaper has to say. A lady had to have a face transplant because of her Lab, but it didn't mean I rushed to rehome my Max :wub:

15 week old bitch was dumped at our local shelter yesterday owners wife is pregnant and they apparently dont want to risk it killing the new baby :wacko:

ive had two calls re rottie staffie crosses today one owners excuse for rehoming was well theyre not safe are they :( and one rottie bullmastiff cross. i rarely get calls about rottie crosses even though they are technically bull breeds being mastiff related so three in one day is unheard of

Boggling. If they genuinely believe the dogs are dangerous (why...???), what on earth are they doing handing them over to be rehomed? You'd think they wouldn't want to risk having them walking round the same neighbourhood!

Baffling. The bad logic doesn't even work from it's own viewpoint.

We have one who will stay untill memories fade and sense prevails.

Did anyone see the shamefull plugging on the BBC of one rescue ? How handy they had a couple of Rotties in from the pound.

Maybe all rescues need to pull together and get the BBC to see the real picture of all the rescues who are chock full of Rotties and the help that is available before dumping your dog happens.

Bull terriers and Akitas will be the next as we have had enquiries after incidents in Wales.

Do you think the BBC would be interested ,its not exactly "newsworthy".

I had a call yesterday from a rescue asking if we could help as they had 14 rotties in now :( I don't think they thought to run to the BBC and milk the situation for what its worth :(

Do you think the BBC would be interested ,its not exactly "newsworthy".

I had a call yesterday from a rescue asking if we could help as they had 14 rotties in now :( I don't think they thought to run to the BBC and milk the situation for what its worth :(

I absolutely agree but what Im saying is that if one group can do it when they have very few then surely those rescues that actually have all the rotties and other at risk breeds can use the interest to explore avenues of help for the dogs.

Even if it does (cynical me ) just get more money in the coffers then surely that will help keep these unfortunate dogs that are in saturated rescues. These are the ones that need help.

Im sure if people could see nice rotties in kennels the message woud get through that you dont have to dump your dog and if you feel you have problems seek a professional to help you or discuss any issues people have.

One valid point is that a lot of people are using it as an excuse to shift dogs they didnt want anyway but I just feel strongly that if some places are using the rottie situation to thier own advantage and the BBC let them then surely the BBC would listen to rescues that genuinely are flooded with the dogs and allow these rescues to show people the truth and publicise alternative ways to deal with the problem other than panicking.

Im sure if enough of us wrote or phoned the BBC in support of Rotty rescues then Im sure we could shift the negativity wall a bit.

Perhaps Pingu could organise something as he is good at stuff like that.

A friend of mine had to take in a 13, yes 13 year old Rottie girl as her owners were going to have her PTS - their daughter had decided she would no longer visit with the grandchildren if the dog was in the house :( this old girl had never put a foot wrong. Thankfully after chatting with the owners and their daughter the Rottie was taken back to her home.

The situation is dire and I cant see it improving any time soon.

I've got Andy Bell's (producer of Panorama) mobile number :D.

Well get ringing it.

If anyones going to get thier names mentioned and money flowing it needs to be those rescues that will bravely and lovingly take in the Rotties.

I just feel strongly that although ALL rescues are overflowing due to current situations right now the focus should be given to those actually taking in and holding Rotties and bull breeds. They are the ones keeping these dogs alive and by doing so they will slowly drown financially, emotionally and time wise.

I applaud all of you doing so.

The press needs to know about you so they can see the reality of what thier words cause and correct thier mistake.

we did try speaking to one of the scottish daily rags previously, we were told what we had to say wouldn't sell papers :unsure:

our local Press contacted us last year to see if they could do a feature on us and why we say Rottweilers were not "vishus" dogs,unfortunately the article wasn't well written and not helped by the fact that the Reporter they sent was terrified of dogs regardless of breed :rolleyes: so I am naturally wary of dealing with the press now.

However we must all unite and do something,with no homes in sight and dogs piling in we cannot afford to keep going indefinately and am sure all other Rescues are in the same boat,meanwhile general rescues which take in a few Rotts/bull breeds are not going to want to for the forseeable future because they know the dogs will stick which in turn puts the Rott/Bull breed specific rescues under even more pressure.

so Sarah if you want to give yer manny a ring and invite here for tea feel free, but tell him not to expect a seat :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: