UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rory

reds

Jees hees luverly

Michael (my saluki) and myself watched Mist-a sheepdog story over the weekend-one of the dogs in that was a spit of this little one.

we were both transfixed-and were cheering on the sheepdog as she rescued the sheep fom the cliffs-it was an emotional moment for a Hound and his owner (especially as neither of us would of risked the height, waves and wind for love or money!)

fee

AS an aside and a little OT, I met the litter that played Mist when I was up at F William. They are of similar lines to Tia.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you ask Rory how old he is he'd probably say 2 and a half years old Miss. If you ask those who are not quite so forgetful you'd get the answer 6!! :ohmy: That is 6 in collie years though I suppose :wub:

He reminded Jack of the lovely Bear and the poor little puppy thought his love match had come back to stay :wink: . Thankfully for all 'the puppy' had gotten over the excitement by morning :laugh:

SIX?? He's SIX years old?? :ohmy: I would never have guessed that in a million years! He looks like a puppy!! :wub:

Bear would like me to pass on a message so that Jack knows that he is *very* happy that his affections have been transferred elsewhere :glare: :laugh:

• 1 month later...

I am very bad. I completely forgot today was 16th and missed the Wilts walk :blush02: Only realised as we were driving up, so sorry :( . Today was a special walkies day as subject to paperwork, my Dad adopted Rory this weekend :biggrin: (just ignore the beginning of the thread lol ). Thank you Sarah and Paul and of course Bernie who brought him down to them. Fitting in a way that he comes from the same pound as Annie (love you girl).

The weather was perfect and the walk was lovely, a good family outing. I wore my Craghopper half price trousers (bargain!) courtesy of Celeste's thread in Non-Animal Chat) and it was like wearing sleeping bags on my legs.

We parked at Goyt Valley in Derbyshire and walked up Shining Tor and Cat Tor. Stopped for a cup of obligatory tea at the Cat and Fiddle Pub. Those of you who live in the Peaks are sooooooooo so lucky :envy: Ground was frosted which was great as otherwise it would have been a slog through mud. Rory and Jack were really good and Teddy was predictable. Let's just say that walking the 2nd half of the circle, a family and their young boy passed (with dog) and the child said: "That's the dog who had my sandwich!". Luckily (very luckily :bat:) the child found it funny and their own dog had thieved from somebody else so he picked on the right family! He also found a couple who had climbed over one of the walls to have lunch and invited himself into their picnic. From that point on, every time there was part of a wall down he would dash behind to look for sneaky eaters! On the Chase he jumps trees/logs and he gets a treat everytime he does it quietly (bit of needed practice). Today there would no logs so obviously? ??? he took to jumping stone walls instead for treats.

Rory had no trouble , crossed his frist bridge (not much more than a plank) and did a good job at keeping his Dad's legs warm at sandwich time :wag:

The pics!!

First breather:

CAT.jpg

The view of the reservoir on the way up:

CAT1.jpg

Rory with his Mum and Dad:

CAT2.jpg

Jack checking the lunch spot for mice:

CAT3.jpg

Pretty please Dad:

CAT4.jpg

Teddy not looking too bad on the cheese, sausage and chicken diet ;D