UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What The Vet Said

greytgirl

:flowers: :GroupHug: Thanks everyone, Tasha is just fine, she has had her stitches out, not a problem. Luc (vet) went through everything..the type of tumor is low to moderate, at the rate it will spread, which is good xmas-smiley-016.gif the lump will grow back, how fast we dont know, but there are signs already, he doesnt know where it will go to. kidneys/liver, he cant predict it, we just have to watch for any symptoms'changes xmas-smiley-014.gif.

She is fine in herself, its now a case of monitoring her, making sure she is pain free and happy. Tasha goes back in 3weeks, or sooner if there is any change, and then every couple of months after that. Chemo would do nothing for this type of tumour and no medication will slow the process down, steroids are a possibility, but Luc doesnt recommend it, as there are side effects, and all of our priority is that Tasha's time, how ever long, is of the highest quality..we will now keep a very close eye on her, and just hope and pray that she does not begin to suffer, and will live for many years yet, pain free and the happy waggy girl she is now. love029.gif

Thank you ALL for such support, it has really helped me at a very low point :GroupHug:

Well done Tasha!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I was so glad to see a smiley with your post! Damn dogs, they are a roller coaster and a half innit? It sounds like Tasha's condition is similar to Mal's, in terms of prognosis and treatment options (none really). We're 3 months further now and he's doing just fine, if anything he's even more cheeky and stubborn than ever before :rolleyes: :biggrin: Sometimes I think that the growth on his lip has come back, but then I look at it again from a different angle and it doesn't look like that at all :wacko:

Meanwhile, he's spoilt and happy, just the way he likes it! :wink:

Can we have more Tasha pics please?:)

I'm desperately sorry to hear your news, but don't despair :GroupHug:

I don't very often have hunches but I feel very strongly that it's not time for Tasha to leave you yet. Whatever you decide will work out for the best, I just know it will. :flowers:

Sorry to quote myself. I wish I could say I'm sorry to gloat about being able to say "told you so" :D , but how could I be when Tasha's news is so different to the way things looked when I first posted this? :biggrin:

I'll probably never have another premonition (or whatever it was) as long as I live but I honestly, genuinely, really did know this. How great to be vindicated when such a precious soul was involved! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I can't tell you how pleased I am that her prognosis is good - and it does seem good to me. :flowers: Please give her some gentle squishy :GroupHug: from me and send virtual bum sniffs (:sick01: - although I'm sure that Tasha will appreciate them) and wags from Ginge. xx

Edited by Alison

Sorry to quote myself. I wish I could say I'm sorry to gloat about being able to say "told you so" :D , but how could I be when Tasha's news is so different to the way things looked when I first posted this? :biggrin:

I'll probably never have another premonition (or whatever it was) as long as I live but I honestly, genuinely, really did know this. How great to be vindicated when such a precious soul was involved! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I can't tell you how pleased I am that her prognosis is good - and it does seem good to me. :flowers: Please give her some gentle squishy :GroupHug: from me and send virtual bum sniffs ( :sick01: - although I'm sure that Tasha will appreciate them) and wags from Ginge. xx

Alison you gloat away, thank you SO much, Im glad you had this hunch and that you have been proved right! :GroupHug:

Such lovely words, you brought a tear to my eye, its so nice that people on here and other forums GENUINELY care for my precious soul (a lovely way to describe Tasha :flowers: ) its been SUCH ahelp to me..I have passed on your hugs and wags, afraid I'll leave the bum sniffing to the imagination :wacko: :laugh:

Thanks again :wub: