UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Boy's Doing Well!

BillyMalc

I feel almost guilty for wanting to share this with you all, seeing as we've had so much sad news lately. But I guess it's nice to hear god stories too :)

Anyway, a few days ago I was really worried, because Mal didn't come for his dinner, after repeatedly calling his name. I'm sure he's not going deaf yet, because he'll still looks up when he hears other sounds than my voice :glare: So I took his bowl over to the sofa, so that he could see and smell what was in it, hoping to get him excited (curry is one of his favourite dishes these days, the hotter the better! :ohmy: :D ), but no. Eventually he struggled off the sofa, came to the kitchen, hesitated and hesitated again and eventually ate not even half his food. He then looked totally confused and wandered around :( Time to call Purrpuss (heeeeelp!!) and the vet for an appointment ..... Anyone who knows what I'm like with Mal will understand that by that time I was in bits :(

Later on in the evening he seemed recovered enough from what ever it was to scoff the rest of his food and enquire about seconds, and the following day he scoffed his food as well.

Today we went to see the vet, and apart from recurring conjunctivitis - which bothers me more than him as well - she was very pleased with how he looks! She thought Mal looks "extremely well" and even joked that they might have misdiagnosed him! That would be very unlikely, as we both understand, but he is doing miles better than she expected!!!! :biggrin: She was talking about treatment in 6 months, but didn't rule out that we might be sitting there in a year's time, having the same conversation!!

Sorry to go on and on, but I'm SO relieved I can't tell you!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic