UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Stupid Things We Do!

jax39

I once had a blinding headache and quickly grabbed a packet of pills. I never gave a thought to the large size of them and popped one in my mouth. As soon as i took some water the tablets fizzed and frothed at the back of my throat, with a loud hisssssssssssssssss!! i was foaming at the mouth and couldn't get rid of it. :ohmy:

I obviously didn't notice they were soluble tablets, to be dissolved in a glass of water. :laugh:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once had a blinding headache and quickly grabbed a packet of pills. I never gave a thought to the large size of them and popped one in my mouth. As soon as i took some water the tablets fizzed and frothed at the back of my throat, with a loud hisssssssssssssssss!! i was foaming at the mouth and couldn't get rid of it. :ohmy:

I obviously didn't notice they were soluble tablets, to be dissolved in a glass of water. :laugh:

Oops! :ohmy:

I've done this a few times, including this evening: cooked my dogs dinner and forgot to feed myself. Peanutbutter sarnies it is again then :rolleyes:

She's sniffing around so she'd better be finding her way in here soon :angry:

Anyway. I have a contribution. It wasn't really something stupid that I did but something I read and said :blush: We were watching The One Show last night and there was some bloke on there. When the camera panned to him a little bar came up at the bottom of the screen saying (so I thought) "Screen Legend and Crap Lover". I just looked at my mum and went :ohmy: "what a terrible thing to state so publically" and she just started crying and laughing.

Apparently, it actually said "Screen Legend and Carp Lover" to link in with the feature on fishing :blush:

This could have been a lot, lot worse Marge. My friend Mad Mary once complained of peculiar fizzy pills - she'd been taking them for quite a few days before she brought the packet to me (she is illiterate). They were pessaries! :sick01:

"..... and Crap Lover". I just looked at my mum and went :ohmy: "what a terrible thing to state so publically" and she just started crying and laughing.

Apparently, it actually said "Screen Legend and Carp Lover" to link in with the feature on fishing :blush:

To be frank, I can't make up my mind which I think is the more embarrassing of the two "confessions" :laugh:

• 5 months later...

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd give this one a bump with my latest confession :rolleyes: Any excuse really, because this is my favouritest Fugee fred ever :biggrin:

Anyway. Last night I was on the phone to my mum when I noticed that the crate door had swung mostly shut. As I had something in my other hand at the time (can't remember what - drink, remote control?) I decided to cleverly use my foot to open the door. For some reason, rather than just tapping the door open, I opted to hook my big toe into one of the bars and pull the door open :rolleyes: Well. Yes. What a marvellous plan that was :blush: I slipped :rolleyes: My big toe got stuck and I twisted my ankle as I landed on my arse :blush:

My Mum was always putting her purse in the fridge and many times slung the cutlery into the bin while shaking the tablecloth into it.

she often came into a room, stoof there and then said 'why did I come in here?.

I once went out on a sat night without any pants on. I was fine drinking and laughing and then suddenly I realised, wet blood red and hurried off to get a cab home.

I also did a can can outside a pub completely forgetting that under the long cotton skirt I was wearing my Dad's long johns.

I really don't want to admit to this, but the other day, instead of putting Dilys in her bed, I went to put her in the washing machine :mecry: :mecry:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Dirtyhen - :biglaugh: hope you are better soon...did the children manage to take any action shots??