UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Horrible Day -

wiccaweys

:GroupHug: I think it's a tragic accident & no more - you haven't failed her, it wasn't your (or anyone elses) fault, just one of those things that sometimes happen.

I'm glad to hear that at least everyone else has managed to get out safely and as I assume she died knowing she was loved Nancy would never have known this was not her forever home.

RIP Nancy :GroupHug:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a house fire a year last Easter Monday. Thankfully we got the birds out, the dogs out and the cats that are allowed outside were out anyway. But we spent a frantic time trying to find one of my daughter's house cats, who had hidden from the sound of the smoke alarm, which automatically is linked to our burglar alarm/fire alarm!

Graham had managed to put the fire out which was on the top floor (our bedroom), the fire door was shut to stop Katie's cats from clawing Graham's model aeroplanes, but he had put his batteries on charge on an incorrect setting and caused a battery to explode and catch fire. He fought it with water at first (NOT to be recommended on an electrical fire!), but we found a powder type of extinguisher and put it out with that. We now have a special fireproof bag that he has purchased for charging batteries.

The fire brigade managed to arrive just as we had extinguished the fire. It is very scary and you really do thank your lucky stars for getting out in one piece!

We are so sorry to hear about this and it makes you thankful indeed that we all got out that day. We are sorry that your doglet was not spared, but she wouldn't have suffered, just gone into a deep sleep.

Take care over the next few days, and if anyone on here can help in any way please shout! :GroupHug:

I am so sorry to hear this tragic news. No one let Nancy down, she was loved and cared for all the time she was with you and with her fosterers, and I am sure she is now safe with Grandpa Bryn and Basil and the rest of them.

I feel so sorry for Sarah and Paul and everyone who loved Nancy, and especially for Lindsey and family who have had such a sad loss already this year.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words for Nancy. It means a lot.

Sarah does Lindsey need anything? clothes, help, anything at all?

I've had an email from Lindsey this morning, and it looks like they are bearing up ok:

We've got water for a shower and a 2 ring portable hob in the garage so can cover the very basics. That is literally it. but it's enough, as well as most lights and electricity for the small stuff. No point bringing anything into the house really as it will just reek like everything else so apart from the washing for coats and big things we're ok. But then that's what launderettes are for I suppose and Roz and Carol/Fizzy and Bella have offered help so between the Wicc's people we'll be ok thank you.

Just about to bring Jack and Ted into the house for the night, it's about passable upstairs now with the windows still open. If I can't get time off work or from the office at least I'm going to have to leave Jack and probably Ted. with someone until we're sorted with a place. I don't want to be away from them but have to do what's best for their comfort and health. I'll know on Monday afternoon what the work situation is, have a horrible feeling there won't be any leave granted. Will discuss then :(.

Speak to you soon xx