UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hi Everyone

MissMagic

Hi everyone, I'm Kath and I'm 24 years old and from Manchester.

I live with my partner and wonderful dog Wilma, and I also have 5 goldfish and an axolotl.

I found this site via the Deed Not Breed website, something I'm very interested in and would love to know more about how I can help.

Kath

x

Hi Kath, I'm new too! Lots of newbies at the mo :thumbsup_anim:

I'm sure Kath can answer this question more sensibly but I think that an axolotyl is like a big strange looking newt with external gills! Am I right? and are they all albino or can you get coloured ones too?

Welcome to The Refuge Kath. Hope you enjoy your time here. :flowers:

If being new you didn't know what PM meant it's Personal Message & you can send Melp one by clicking on her name on the post above and choosing send messgae.

Would it be ignorant of me to think an axalot is a "big newt"? (picture of some here for everyone else who wondered) http://www.axolotl.org/

what on earth is a axoloti??? :flowers: :flowers:

An axolotl is a neotenous salamander from Mexico. They live their whole lives under water and never turn into land dwelling salamanders. They are very cute and look like they have an Afro! The link above is a very good explanation.You can see mine here.

Hi Kath, we have a special BSL forum and you would be most welcome to help DNB. PM me if there's anything in particular you'd like to help with.

I would love to be involved as much as possible! I've already been handing out leaflets to all my friends who have dogs and have given a poster to my local pet shop who said they would put it up.

welcome :flowers: piccies are a must :biggrin:

You can see lots here.

Edited by MissMagic