UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Just Wondering?

Brunzara

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look even though I cant help. It does spur me on to help with transports and H/C though.

If we can move one dog out of rescue another poundie can come into that space :flowers:

Its hard for us sideline people to look, but I think thats harder for you lot to have to keep 'reporting' on them each week so the least I can do is read the thread. One day someone may see a dog they recognise!

Keep up the good work!! :flowers:

As I'm too far away for transport, don't run a rescue, and haven't won the lottery yet there seems little I can do to help but yes I do look at the Poundies here each day and care whether they live or die. Though again, I'm perhaps too far away I'd offered to foster poor Shiva had a rescue place not arisen.

I don't find it upsetting because up until Shreks death it had always seemed to be good news in the end - if nothing else they went to boarding. Whilst good news as a dog lover whether that safety net is a disadvantage in finding rescue places for the more difficult cases I'm not sure - is it merely coincidence that places have been found when the net was full or does boarding provide reasons for rescues to take another dog instead?

Like Helly I also wondered what had happened to the one rottie girl who hadn't had an offer.

Though you may not necessarily be aware of them there are certainly others out there watching and caring too. I certainly received a PM from someone re Shreks final thread when they were upset at his death and related to my own post but didn't want to contact you at a time when they felt you were also upset.

I will say that I think PR and perceptions are sometimes important :flowers:

i look daily and my heart sinks when i see rotties, and i wish the poundies could be vaccinated on arrival so in my quieter months i could do more to help. I also wonder when, like tonight there are dogs outstanding due to be pts tomorrow then you close the thread, did you win or lose that round to get them all to rescue... or do i not want to know :unsure:

Just had a look at what happened to the two rotties on RDRs own forum - both of them are safe, (as were Ewan & Wendy - as already posted here yesterday) & going to Shropshire if unclaimed on Thursday :flowers:

i look daily.

because when i then see a request for an urgent transport run on a cold saturday morning -miles away-i think well its for X/Y/Z....so sod it im going to volunteer.

it pushes me to push myself-and reminds me the value of volunteers

fee

It's one of the threads I always look at when there has been an update. Each time I always hope the news is good and I rejoice whenever I see one of the long staying kennelled dogs has found a place in rescue. I'm particularly sad when I see the old dogs come into you. To me this is exactly what forums like this are here for.

I admire what you do and, having been involved with rescue since 1999, in one way or another I appreciate some of the challenges.

Like many others, I can't specifically help you very much - I do what I can elsewhere by helping Wiccaweys with organising homechecks and fostering and am usually fostering an assessed dog from there. Maybe I can do a little something extra today and find a prize for your online auction at least.

There are times I'd love to post and congratulate you on success but obviously that is not what the thread is there for.

I look on here ad on thr RDR forum, always hoping I coul help, but I live so far away :( I do what I can to add to funds when I can though. Those dogs faces keep me centered and in the 'real' world, if you know what I mean :(

Edited by chasta

Would it be feasible to post the pics of the dogs either arriving in rescue or on their way probably in separate threads. To see their happy faces sometimes is a joy to behold.

Although it is a struggle to find spaces, more often than not we do, except for staffy's and their X's, in the present climate they are very hard to place as most rescues cannot take them due to the large numbers being abandoned. The boarding kennels we use is presently full with the poor dogs all looking for that special place. Finding spaces is difficult, but only the start we then have to get them to their destinations so that a new forever home can be found.

Edited by Bernie