UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Second Greyhound Found Dead

greyhound pal

For Jamiedan Flyer and all the other poor mite abused at the hands of man :GroupHug:

Rest easy all of you and please be ready to take your revenge, you ALL deserve so much better than you got.....

THE FLAMING BRIDGE

Just this side of Hell is a place called the Flaming Bridge. When an abused animal dies, it stops by to discuss its life with the Keepers of the Flaming Bridge before continuing on to the Rainbow Bridge. The Keepers of the Flaming Bridge compile a Master List of animal abusers, so that they will be able to recognize them and confront them with their actions when they die.

Across fields of flame roll cries of agony, mimicking the pain inflicted on the innocent animals by their heartless abusers. But the animals are not there crying out - they have gone on to Rainbow Bridge and their just rewards for the innocent lives they have lead. The cries come from the dark cohorts of the Keepers - savage beasts out of the worst nightmares of the animal abusers for whom they wait. Patiently, they wait, planning for the day when the abuser arrives. Then one day, their cries grow more urgent. Their eyes burn with an eerie, unearthly glow. Savage glee lights their hideous faces, and as one they turn and run. Faster and faster they run, flying over the ruined land, drawn on by their quarry.

The abuser has arrived at last, and when the pack reaches him they fall upon him to wreak their vengeance. His flesh is flayed from his body as their reeking breath and shrieking laughter fill his agonized consciousness. But he does not die - his pain will continue, forever. Then the pack drags the abuser across Flaming Bridge, down into that special place in Hell reserved just for "people" like him......

-Author wishes to remain anonymous

:ohno02: :ohno02: Do you not need a license to train greyhounds & if so how do these people get / keep a license ?

Nope - not on flapping tracks you don't - anyone can turn up with a dog. NGRC tracks - yes you do. God knows how they manage to keep them :angry:

Poor poor lad :mecry: :mecry: , there is a ( for want of better words ) greyhound kennel ( ha bl00dy ha ) just a bit along the road from me, the dogs there are run on flapping tracks.. I have lost count of the amount of times I have complained to the council about it, what do they do sweet f.a..

I will need to try and get along and get more photo's the place looks even worse than it did before.

Terri

Yes Terri - these kennels drive me nuts and i've noticed they're a lot worse. Still getting reports from people who drive past and realise there are dogs in there - they phone stunned. I hate saying 'yes, I know about them and the SSPCA / Council will do nothing about them' because it sounds so ridiculous and i'm not always sure people believe that the SSPCA and Council know about them. Thanks for everything you've tried to do there - keep trying :flowers:

Yet another!

Poor lad..... I would like to think that this would be the last one, the one that made the difference, the one that made the greyhound racing industry take responsibility for *all* the dogs involved!

The law needs to be enforced, the industry won't do it, isn't it time the government made them?

Its coming. The publicity means its not going to go on forever. None of these things are new. What is new is the publicity and the public reaction to them. That in turn is putting pressure on law-makers. Its horrible reading it. But each case is a step forward. For so long they didn't make news and the industry was able to deny it happened. There has been a huge turnaround. For that we credit the Sunday Times. The industry are pooing themselves hiring PR people to promote their image and refute claims from 'those awful AR people'. :biggrin:

The matter is now in the hands of wildlife officer, Constable Sam Clark, based in Dalmellington. Anyone with information is asked to contact her on 01292 550322 or [email protected]

Is there any point in emailing this officer to ask what safeguards are to be put in place to ensure that in future bodies aren't disposed of before forensic tests etc?

The Ayrshire Post is a weekly paper (I think?) - not sure if there's much point in writing to their letters page, but I suppose it can't do any harm, if it makes one person re-think their attitude to racing. I can't believe that this kind of thing still constitutes a night's fun for some folk. :(

Yes there a point. I also think people should be contacting their MSP, local press and highlighting whats going on. If anyone needs a hand with a letter, give me a shout. Anyone with a greyhound (or that can borrow one) could do a publicity event -like laying flowers at a track or whatever and contacting the press to say give a story. It all helps!

Anyone who has ever had a greyhound will know that they are the most kind, loving and gentle natured dogs who have such low expectations. They are the most forgiving breed I have ever come across. I genuinely don't think the general public are really aware what goes on in the racing industry. Public awareness has got to be the key to getting this barbaric sport banned. The more bad publicity that the racing industry gets, the better. :grrr: . Lets hope what goes around, comes around! Run free and rest in peace little ones.

*snort* Well I would've but the NGRC tw@t and the flapping track guy were too busy arguing about why Ayr can't register as a licensed track :wacko: Barely got a word in but the rescue lady was fab and put across points better than i could have!!!

Just received a copy of a letter to the Daily mail and I think its fab:

DAILY MAIL

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Tuesday 24 July 2006

Dear Letters Editor,

We would of course encourage readers to consider giving a home to a retired greyhound (Give a dog a home, 24/7/07).

However, should it really be left up to society to find homes for the excess of unwanted dogs produced by this billion-pound industry?

David Lipsey, Chairman of the British Greyhound Racing Board conservatively estimates that 11,000 dogs every year retire from "official" racing. Even Mr Lipsay's own figures leave thousands of dogs unaccounted for every year.

Many of these animals are treated as little more than disposable commodities, used for financial gain and then discarded when they are no longer making money. Surely this wealthy industry should take responsibility for all of the dogs it uses once their racing days are over rather than expecting caring members of the public to look after the 'retired' dogs that are an inevitable by-product of this 'sport'.

Advocates for Animals works to raise public awareness of the suffering issues inherent in the greyhound racing industry and to discourage people from attending and betting on races.

Yours sincerely

ROSS MINETT MSc BSc (Hons)

Campaigns Director

Advocates for Animals

10 Queensferry Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4PG, Scotland, UK

Tel: +44 (0) 131 225 6039

Fax: +44 (0) 131 220 6377

www.advocatesforanimals.org

We would of course encourage readers to consider giving a home to a retired greyhound (Give a dog a home, 24/7/07).

However, should it really be left up to society to find homes for the excess of unwanted dogs produced by this billion-pound industry?

Surely this wealthy industry should take responsibility for all of the dogs it uses once their racing days are over rather than expecting caring members of the public to look after the 'retired' dogs that are an inevitable by-product of this 'sport'.

:thumbsup_anim: Couldn't agree more.

I listened earlier. Shame you didn't get chance to say more but what you did get to say was very clear I thought. The listeners will have understood you, whereas the two guys going on about registering etc IMO sounded really dull and I think many wouldn't have known what they were on about.

I couldn't have done what you did today - no way :flowers:

Edited by Abigailj

what power do the police have to order a dogs body destroyed

apart from the obvious reason that no prosecution can go ahead without one, so that they are free to concentrate on those nasty dangerous speeding motorists

sleep tight little one :GroupHug:

Edited by Laurel n Hardy

• 7 months later...