UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Quality Versus Quantity.

Lizzie

DSC01474.jpg

My gorgous, brave boy Danny is approaching the latter part of his life.

Earlier this year he was so ill, the vet didn't know what was wrong and wanted to operate. We decided against this unless the vet could tell us what was wrong.

Just three weeks short of his 12th birthday, Danny is losing the use of his legs, very similar to wobblers syndrome.

He doesn't appear to be in pain, but it is extremely painful to watch the deterioration in just a couple of days. In Danny's mind he can still run, but his body won't let him, in his view to be unable to go for a walk is the cruellest thing we can do to him.

Please spare a thought for him, I don't think he will be with us for much longer, although saying that the vet only gave him a couple of weeks before, he's a fighter in the best sense. Pray that he can fight this.

I just want to have a good cry, and cuddle the old hooligan.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: I'm sure that Danny loves his life with you. Even if he cant run as much as he used to.

Only you will know when his quality of life is not as it should be. We can't all run around forever and have to slow down to a trot. Maybe he is just having a harder time accepting that he has to slow down. :GroupHug:

Oh Corinne I'm so sorry. It's a shame when they get so old and still want to do the things they've always done but can't. Same as us I suppose. You will know when the time is right to let him go. I'm so sorry you never got an answer as to what the matter was. Wishing him some fun yet bless him and thinking of you all. Sending some positive thoughts to help him. :GroupHug:

lots of positive and healing thoughs on the way to Danny and you.

It is a difficult decision to make, I had to for both my husband and my little old girl Gracie but I have never regretted it. Hubby could have spent the rest of his life sitting in a chair looking at the same 4 walls or I could make him walk and give him a life which would shorten his life. With Gracie both her crutial ligaments have gone and as she is about 14 or 15 year sold, they are not being operated on.

Life is for living and I am sure that Danny appreciates having a quality life. :GroupHug: