UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Tribute To Tango

staffymad

On the 05/06/2006 our beloved oldie Staffordshire Bull Terrier Tango left us for the bridge :mecry: :mecry: There hasn't been a day I have not been thinking of her and instead of mourning her death, I decided to have a tribute to celebrate the 7 wonderful months we shared with her. :)

Please feel free to add any pictures you like off Tango to this tribute to celebrate a old dogs life. :flowers:

For those who don't know her story, Tango was a 15ish year old that was pulled by the Oldies Club out of a welsh pound only a short time prior to being PTS. She was a stray, very ill, very weak and worried and didn't stand a chance in the pound. I will be forever greatful that the Oldies Club saved her :flowers:

The minute I laid eyes on Tango (literually hours after being pulled), I knew that this batty old dog had to come and live with us and so she did in October 2005.

This was Tango on her first day home -

DSCF0027.jpg

We had a long way to get her muscle up to strength and after a few months and training Snatch to get her to look at me when off lead, our deaf oldie had her first off lead walk -

DSCF0168.jpg

From here on, there was no stopping her and bless Snatch, he was never far away if not even glued to her side :rolleyes:

DSCF0181.jpg

Tango was known to be a batty old cow and I think this picture sums it up perfectly :laugh: -

DSCF0049.jpg

She also made us proud, campaigning side by side with Snatch for Oldies in Need -

MGNewport008.jpg

Tango also won 'Best Veteran' at the NSBTR sponsored walk in 2006 (this is me holding the throphy when I collected it very proudly) -

cindy.jpg

Only a couple of weeks before she started her last journey, she came with us and many members from here camping -

tango.jpg

Tango has certainly left a big gap in our life and I am greatful for the short time we had with her and wouldn't change it for a thing. :wub:

A old dog that made a impact -

DSCF0064.jpg

Run free in the summer land of the bridge my darling, forever young until we meet again :wub:

Cindy :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic