UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Still Feeding Bakers?

ClazUK

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Others may disagree but with something as awful as Bakers, I'd just switch straight away. I've switched a number of dogs straight onto Naturediet for various reasons (couldn't find out what they had been fed on/couldn't get hold of it/didn't want to buy it) and they've all been completely fine. I know that's not the usual advice, just what I'd do :flowers:

I agree with Ange and would switch over to the good stuff straight away :flowers:

With Bakers the poo is probably going to be vile anyway :sick01:

Crikey! Rosie has been on Bakers weight control since Christmas. She went to stay with a friend whilst we were away and as she refused to eat her Nature Diet my friend put her on the same food as her dog and I just carried it on when I got back. I have to confess though that I haven't noticed the slightest change in her. She is still the quiet laid back sweetie that she was before the change. As for the 'weight control' part of it she is no slimmer. However, I will change her diet as I trust the Fugees judgement. Trouble is.....what to?

I get quite a few through the door for rehoming (westies that is) and quite often they come

with either a large supply of bakers or tins of ceasar dogfood :sick01: :sick01:

Needless to say the whole lot gets binned and I switch them over to the same as mine get

They get James Wellbeloved and if they are older Supadog well being,

and they leave with a few days supply of it as well. No wonder i go through

it like it's going out of fashion.

Bakers - yuk

Crikey! Rosie has been on Bakers weight control since Christmas. She went to stay with a friend whilst we were away and as she refused to eat her Nature Diet my friend put her on the same food as her dog and I just carried it on when I got back. I have to confess though that I haven't noticed the slightest change in her. She is still the quiet laid back sweetie that she was before the change. As for the 'weight control' part of it she is no slimmer. However, I will change her diet as I trust the Fugees judgement. Trouble is.....what to?

Even though I don't feed it to my two anymore, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Wellbeloved, good quality, good choice of flavours and pretty easy to get.

Well she's b*ggered up my usual suggestion of Naturediet if she won't eat it :laugh:

Have you ever tried her on Burns? That seems to keep dogs lean so am thinking if you are trying to get her to lose weight and you keep the quantity low enough that might work.

Arden Grange has a great rep too.

• 4 months later...

My Dog groomer is in the same camp as your Claz. She says that she can tell the dogs on Bakers of something equally as poor as their coats aren't as glossy, they're hyper or obese. She bangs on at people about it all the time.

I feed mine Safepets Intelligent Feeding- Greedy Mix and its brilliant. Not least as its produced by a certain Fugee on here. :rolleyes:

The Greedy Mix stops Mac bolting his food and it takes him twice as long to eat his meals instead of bolting it down to then throw it up again :wink:

when we got missy she was on puppy bakers and was a nightmare we have now switched to a local comany that sell called the all natural pet food company its based in bromborough, wirral cost is excellant we pay £29 for 30kg of dry mix it has no nastys at all and they do a treat range as well. any body round here me and Missy recommend it she loves it!