UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Tribute To The Volunteers

staffymad

Over the past 2 years I have had the pleasure meeting and working with so many fantastic people helping old dogs find forever homes. Every volunteer, from the poster putter upper to the home checker, transporters and foster carers are special and important to the oldies clubn and the dogs.

Over the past few months we had a few up and downs and sadly some of our dogs passed to Rainbow Bridge.

Tonight Jack Dobie sadly passed away in his foster home, not expected and very quick. :mecry: :mecry: His foster parents are very much in my thought tonight and I am sure everyone else here will send them some good thoughts and hugs. Although Jack was their first foster dog and it had such a sad ending, amazingly they would like to foster again to try and help another oldie needing that special place. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

This just made me realise even more how fantastic you guys all are. What ever we or the dogs have thrown at you, you always bounce back even more determined to help another needy soul.

I am sure I am speaking on behalf of everyone at the Oldies Club and especially all the dogs past and future you have helped into a brighter life THANK YOU :flowers: :flowers:

Please spare a thought for Jacks foster parents and wish our Jack Dobie a save crossing into the summerlands of rainbow bridge

Cindy

Oh no that's awful. My heart goes out to them and yes I ditto everything you have said Cindy. Without our merry band of volunteers The Oldies Club wouldn't exist. So thank you to each and every person who has helped us and continues to do so. :flowers: Run free sweet Jack. :wub:

Very sad news our thoughts are with the Fosterers at this time :GroupHug:

Run free at the Bridge Jack where you will meet countless friends and be forever happy.

To the Fosterers a big thank you for helping this old boy and giving him a loving home and some special memories.

Also thank you Cindy for a lovely tribute - it's never easy to think of something to say, but you said it beautifully x

Sandi & Graham

Well said Cindy, a lovely tribute to all the OC Volunteers. All are much appreciated by the Oldies Club. Huge :GroupHug: to Jack the Dobie's foster carers and bless them for continuing and thinking of that at this sad time.

Run free Jack - out of pain and no worries - just so sudden.

So so sorry to hear this, what a shock .My thoughts are with the foster family :GroupHug: :GroupHug: and I agree with flweir that it will be a huge tribute to Jack for you not to give up and carry on to help another poor needy oldie. Well done for that :GroupHug:

RIP Jack

Lynne