UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Think Of Storm

elainew

I fostered Storm for the Oldies Club last year - he has a long and sad story. My housesitter fell in love with him and adopted him, he has had a lovely year . Unfortunately in the last couple of weeks he has gone downhill, his heart condition has worstened dramatically despite all the medication he is taking. Trish phoned me yesterday to say he had slept nearly all weekend and is eating little. Please think of Storm, his 'brother' Ben and Trish at this time.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mecry: Thinking of Trish, Ben and Storm :GroupHug: :GroupHug: Elaine, do you know what medication he takes? Snatch was getting worse some 6 months ago with his heart and was sleeping loads and was rather listless. We added another set of medication and he is far better on it.

Hoping that he will perk up.

Cindy

He is now on all 3 types of medication, Cindy, he has 1 vedmedin capsule and 1/2 a frusicare tablet twice a day and a vasotab tablet evey morning. He's going back to the vets tomorrow.

Same as Snatch but he has 2 vetmedins a day and a full frusamide. Let's hope they can change his medication to get him back on track. Thiking of you all :GroupHug:

Aww no, poor little chap :( I remember Storm from one of the walks last year :wub:

Poppy is on the same meds - 1 x Vasotop, 2 x Vetmedin, 6 x Frusedale (or Frusemide), & 2 x Spironolactone daily. From what I remember, the first two are heart tablets and the second two are diuretics. The Spironolactone was added more recently as it works differently to the Frusedale apparently. Just thought I'd mention if it helps :flowers: