UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

It's Bull Breed Central Here At Hope!

FoxyGirl

We have never before had such ratio of so many Bull Breeds in our rescue, I guess its just a sign of the sad times we live in :(

We have 25 dogs in foster ...11 are bullbreed or part bullbreed.

16 dogs in boarding of which 14 are bullbreed or part bullbreed

We have to move in the next few days 14 of our dogs in boarding as our kennels are full for the Easter break , we need all the luck we can get as every other rescue we know is as full as we are and some arent even taking in Bull Breeds at the minute :mecry:

Most of these dogs are from our regular pounds - we are the front line and their only chance, if we say no they die, simple Hope does not discriminate against any dog due to its breed and we refuse to leave these dogs to die simply because they were born the "wrong" breed. :(

Yes, it would be easy to turn round and say "No more bull breeds" and if I am honest the cost of kennelling them is crippling us but Aly and I are the ones who have to physically look into their eyes at the pound, no-one else. And we refuse to walk away.

Heres just a few of the lovely dogs:

Az - Mastiff/Ridgeback

5.jpg

Padge an ex-poundie due for PTS

DSCF5028.jpg

Spliff :rolleyes: - the most wonderful oldie surrended to the pound and a kennel favourite

Spliff2.jpg

And Mary, another old girl surrended to the pound :wub:

Brindle022.jpg

Maisie needing a mammary strip

DSCN1055.jpg

:wub_anim: :wub_anim: They are all so adorable, its so sad to see the oldies especially, looking for homes, and Az is stunning, I wish they could all find homes that deserve them, and that they deserve. (who names a dog Spliff :rolleyes: ).

Maybe a bit of computer touching-up is needed on Az,s pic though :biggrin:

I wish peole would realise what lovely family pets bullbreeds make :sad02:

Sadly pretty much every rescue is full to bursting, and not just bull breeds :(

I'm sure if other rescues taking bull breeds such as Rochdale, Staffy Cross, Fireside, EDDR etc etc were to post their details too there would be quite a list.

Yep is crap here too. Pounds, hand ins, dogs in kennels all Crippling financially and mentally. I would post a list but to be honest, it takes too much time constantly updating and changig the details around. The black sbt x one week will be a brindle sbt the next. Nothing ever changes, size, age, colour, dog frinedly or not...theres always one suitable for whatever a rescue can take. So i post every so often and just get on with it and hope as many as possible get as placed as quickly as possible, wherever they are.

Sadly pretty much every rescue is full to bursting, and not just bull breeds :(

I'm sure if other rescues taking bull breeds such as Rochdale, Staffy Cross, Fireside, EDDR etc etc were to post their details too there would be quite a list.

That is the whole point though - they are bull breed rescues (with the exception of Rochdale) and we seem to have as many bull breeds in as breed rescue :wacko: :unsure:

Some good news though - Mitzi has a rescue space and Logan has a foster home so some glimmer of hope :biggrin:

Lol at Sarah and her collie/staffies crosses

Edited by FoxyGirl

Foxygirl - am I thinking of a different Hope rescue, or did you recently get a dog sent from Dogs Trust Evesham? - a Rottie/Staff cross called Rupert, lovely boy. If not, never mind, lol. If so, how's he doing? :unsure:

We've got quite a few Staffie's and Staff crosses in at the minute, especially the longer-legged ones.