UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Would The Rspca Do Anything?

bebe

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they obviously havnt been yet, because the dog was out there again at 6pm. I snuck around the back and took a few photos with my mobile but they havnt come out very clear, they are crap actually :rolleyes: , but Ive just sent them to my photobucket account, so I,ll post them as soon as they get there.

I,ll just call them again tomorrow.

My car is still round the back of the lane, so Im using that as an excuse and I keep going out to the car, but at night if I walk up the lane the security light in Mums garden comes on, and the bloke looks out each time, so he knows Im sneaking about a bit. The dog is in again now.

Here they are, like I said though, theyre crap :unsure: You can just about see the dog, and the second pic shows him barking his head off, poor thing. Tomorrow I,ll try to take a camera round there, its a bit difficult with blokey keeping a look-out though.

Photos removed by me , HLGS

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Bebe, just keep walking up the lane every 15 to 30 minutes making the light go on, after jumping up from his couch each and every time the ignorant t**t will get really F****ED off with this and eventually not bother

it will give you something to do while you are waiting for the fence sitting politically correct non action in case we get sued RSPCA turn up. :whistle: :whistle: (Am I thinking out loud again !!!!!)

someone else had a great idea, get someone else to call and report it, 3 or 4 calls will get a higher priority than your single one

Keep us posted.

The one and only personal experience I had with the RSPCA is they left an animal to die because "under the current laws they were powerless to act"

result is an animal that died of thirst over a couple of days in extremely hot conditions

So until they prove otherwise they will always carry that stigma, and I for one have no intention of apologising or backing down for my comments or opinions.

:unsure: Oh ok. Were the photos too big Sam, or should I just not have posted them, if not, then sorry :)

have emailed you :flowers:

L&H if the law does not allow the RSPCA to act ( which they have been campaigning to change to give them more powers and I believe it will shortly will ) then I would have thought your understandable anger at the death of an animal would have been directed at the owner and the laws that allowed it to happen not an organisation that does try to help animals

:( The dogs already been out there for an hour this morning, barking the whole time.

I,ll call the rspca again today. Ive got to walk around there in a minute to get my car (taking it into the garage to have the work done on the damage caused by Mr Polish Builder :rolleyes: ) so I,ll have a peep over the fence and make sure he,s not tangled his chain up again. (The dog, not the Polish builder, although maybe he should be in chains too :D )

Thanks for all the advice :flowers:

I think the point that Pouchie raised earlier is very valid.The 2 cases I know of that they attended and acted very quickly involved in the first instance a very serious injury and in the second 2 animal deaths.These are the kind of cases where they have to get an inspector out quickly and take action so I guess a dog tied up outside barking at this time of year will not take priority in reality.They just haven't got the resources or the legislation to back them up.

We might not like it and might prefer that they act more quickly because we don't want to see this dog left like this but personally I'd rather they went and sorted life or death situations first.

In reality this dog's life is currently not at risk.If it was the middle of a hot summer and it had no access to water or shelter it may be different but it's not so that will reduce their concern.It doesn't make it right or acceptable that the dog is kept like this but it's not an emergency.

I think the point that Pouchie raised earlier is very valid.The 2 cases I know of that they attended and acted very quickly involved in the first instance a very serious injury and in the second 2 animal deaths.These are the kind of cases where they have to get an inspector out quickly and take action so I guess a dog tied up outside barking at this time of year will not take priority in reality.They just haven't got the resources or the legislation to back them up.

We might not like it and might prefer that they act more quickly because we don't want to see this dog left like this but personally I'd rather they went and sorted life or death situations first.

In reality this dog's life is currently not at risk.If it was the middle of a hot summer and it had no access to water or shelter it may be different but it's not so that will reduce their concern.It doesn't make it right or acceptable that the dog is kept like this but it's not an emergency.

Your right. I did think that too., although its worrying for me to see him like that I realise there are other terrible cases that are more urgent. I just feel sorry for him, thats all :(

Bebe, have you tried your dog warden/environmental health department?

No I havnt, will they help do you think?? Its not about the barking so should the environmental health be involved :unsure: ? Maybe I,ll phone the dog warden as well then.

No I havnt, will they help do you think?? Its not about the barking so should the environmental health be involved :unsure: ? Maybe I,ll phone the dog warden as well then.

Make it about the barking, tell environmental health that it is a nuisance, they will get involved and anything that hel[ps the dog must be a good thing.

I think what would concern me most about this poor chap is how bloody cold it's been and how short a chain he's on. If he can't get up an active, that has to be seriously dangerous to his health in this temperature (unless it's warmer where you are?)? :(

Hope he gets sorted soon Bebe :flowers: