UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Underdog Show

boosboss

Good on you, Huey and Casper. :)

Casper is what rescue is all about. Huey is right. Casper has made so much progress in just a few weeks and he must be a real tough cookie to have fended for himself on the streets.

Go, Casper, go, we're rooting for you.

And yes, I'd heard Donna wanted him too ;)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Judges are completely missing the point about what rescue dogs have to go through to rehabilitate. Idiots.

For a start the dogs have been learning too much too soon.

It's rehabilitation, partnership and mutual trust - its not all down to 'training'.

I am so annoyed about it. I just think the judges let the show down to be honest. They should be replaced if there is a second series IMO.

I cried at Chump all the way through.

I think the judges have completely missed the point. :angry:

All these dogs have started from different points Chump, Cookie have both progressed fantastically and have been great ambassadors for rescue dogs. :wub:

Casper has also progressed from a possibly abused dog to a merry little rebel. :wub:

They all have away to go, probably Casper still has more than the others, but they should have acknowledged that and not been so harsh, a little sympahth/empathy would have made a lot of difference.

I am so annoyed about it. I just think the judges let the show down to be honest. They should be replaced if there is a second series IMO.

I cried at Chump all the way through.

Preferably by people who know one end of a rescue dog from the other and have natural compasion instead of people who only see what they want and expect a dog to attain.

In my minds eye Huey is *totally* right. You can only work with a dog when they are comfortable and willing enough to meet you halfway. At the moment Casper is still working on the comfortable and the confidence and isnt ready for anything that they are asking of him in my opinion. I have total respect after tonight for Huey and think that he is the one that only really trully *gets* that little dog and the situation he has been placed in.

I think they have the right 3 left in the competition. They have the "big dog" that is boisterous and perhaps untrainable and the so called "bull"breed that most people are so up in arms about and then little Casper who would need encouragement and love. He would make such a good doglet for someone.

I think they are all winners and have shown that rescues are so worth looking at.

I personally havent voted tonight because I really dont know who to vote for.

Agree Casper has made huge progress but have thought on earlier programmes that Huey wasn't consistent or clear in his training /commands which hasn't helped I don't think.

V upset Cookie hasn't made the final

Edited by alexis

I had something in my eyes for most of the evening, I did, honest!!! They just kept leaking!! :rolleyes:

Cheered Huey and Donna. Cried when Cookie went out. Cried a bit more when Chump won. They will really have to change his name now!

I really enjoyed the show overall. We have waited a long time for a reward based dog training show to be on the screens. To be combined with rescue dogs was a huge bonus. Not perfect. But the perfect human hasn't been invented yet. All dogs are perfect, just some more than others!!

I think Robson was my favourite & deserved to win through. Of tonights dogs though Casper I liked as a dog but he was never going to win with Huey I didnt think. I wanted Cookie to win & overall still think he & Julia deserved it more than Chump & Selina. But more importantly these dogs should all have a far better chance of finding their perfect home than before the show began - so many people who would probably never have looked at their centres website will now have followed their progress.

Stupid programme :(

Me eyes have been leaking all night :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

ridiculous. how could Cookie go out? What a load of cobblers. And still no word from the BBC. Hmph. Huey & Casper will win. I like them but he did play to the audience a bit too much...

I was gutted when Cookie went out too :mad:

But I'm happy that Chump won :wub:

:mecry: Cookie :mecry:

I am pleased for Chump but really really wanted Cookie to win, think of the brillaint PR that would have been for Staffies.

Still, at least her getting as far as the final will have gone some way to convincing people that they are great dogs. I voted for her three times and I have never voted on reality shows before.

I thought Cookie should have stayed in...Julia did so well, after starting being afraid of dogs she picked the breed which you would have least expected given the bad publicity recently, and formed a wonderful bond with her. Selina and Chump were great too but that Huey?? if I'd been the judge he was so rude to, I'd have demanded he be thrown off the programme. I think Caspar would have done far better with someone like Julia or Selina, Huey was making himself the focus by acting the fool and banking on everyone going *ah, isn't Caspar sweet?* to cover the fact he'd made very little effort with him. Going by some of the remarks on here, it worked a treat. Lets hope they all get good homes now, it'll be so sad for them to be put back into kennels after being the focus of so much attention recently.