UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Seth Is Here - And Surprise, Surprise, Not Going Anywhere!

KathyM

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all of you. :flowers:

As for adoption vs. fostering, that decision can't be made while he's poorly and we're unable to assess him properly because of that. It's really lovely to have you all backing us, but I *have* to make sure this is the right decision for us and for Seth. :flowers: :GroupHug:

Agree 100% Kathy - not a decision to be taken lightly. Having said that I do hope that a little further down the line he proves to be just right for you as he just seems to 'fit'! :biggrin:

Dead quick update now I'm back from the land of stotty cakes.

Seth has gained a fair bit of weight, which is fab. He's nearly at the right sort of weight now. I suspect Baz hasbeen doing his usual tricks of gaining favour with the dogs while evil mummy has a weekend away. :rolleyes:

He's also feeling much better, not fully better yet but much better than he was. I will update more thoroughly when I've recovered from this weekend and the travelling! :flowers:

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Seth goes in today for his lump and his manlumps removing. As you can imagine I'm a nervous wreck. He's pretty chilled though *lol*.

He had his first bath (well shower) yesterday, which he didn't much enjoy. His comfort for being so brave (not) was his huge rope knot thingy, which is slowly being shredded to death, poor thing.

090407sethstring.jpg

And a couple of random photos from the last few days. Seth likes to investigate what we're cooking by peeping through our little "serving hatch" thing. In this photo, he's begging for shepherd's pie (well it was the Gordon Ramsey recipe with a tonne of booze and allsorts in):

010407sethshepherdspie2.jpg

This is the face he pulled after getting the leftovers:

010407sethbed.jpg

I think he'd ate too much mash.....

Thanks both of you. :flowers:

Well he's in now. He's having a pre-op screen done to be on the safe side. This is the bit where I sit and wait, the bit I hate.

He absolutely adored the other dogs at the vets, so much so Coryn and I have come to the conclusion that he might be a *little* bit gay. OK, maybe not gay, but certainly not fussy. A sex machine to say the least. I think he's going to be the only dog I've known to actually miss his knackers. :rolleyes:

Right - just had a phonecall off Coryn to say that he's fine! Bloods came back normal, lumps are skin tags, knackers are off. Only problem is that he has (which we knew) epulis on his gums and tartar on his teef (wot he wouldn't let me look at!). That'll wait til he's recovered though apparently. :flowers:

A HUGE thanks to RDR for all the hard work they've been putting in, not just for Seff, but for all their dogs. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Funny you should say that Cheryl, but I made one this evening and since he has got home, he's had a little bitty bit of mash off it. He then decided enough was enough and is now snoring very loudly on his bed, flat out. :wub:

Another huge thank you tonight, this time for Coryn, the vets and Lauren and co. Thank you all so much. :GroupHug: