UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dogs Names

siadwell

Just being a bit nosy, but why did you call your dog their name(s). We have Smithy, who is a siberian husky, and is named after a 70s cult series Citizen Smith, because he looks wolflike and the main characters name was Wolfie (too obvious a name) we called him Smithy. Our new lad Barry was named after Barry White, the singer, because he is big and white. :wacko:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of Duncan's registered name is Dunkery,an area on Exmoor near where he was bred.His breeder was calling him by this name and it's a part of Exmoor I adore so Duncan sprung to mind - and later when looking up the meaning I discovered it is Gaelic for brown warrior that seemed very apt for a Border Terrier :biggrin: Daisy was a stray and was gven her name by HWAR - I like it and it went very well with Duncan so kept it.Zico is a Brazilian footballer,a friend came up with the name when we were struggling to name my Zico as a pup and it just fit so well.Only ever known one other dog with the name and that was another Yorkie - I was calling mine in Regent's Park when the owner of the other yorkie spun round demanding to know why I was calling his dog and how did I know it's name :laugh:

Hugo was originally called Pluto by his ex owner and I really couldn't stomach the name. I wanted a name that sounded similar but suited him better, something distinguished to suit his wise, grey old man's face :love:

It was actually my boss that thought of 'Hugo' and it just fitted perfectly. I hope no-one thinks I was wrong to change his name after so long with his original one, he doesn't seem to mind what I call him as long as he gets fed!

Logan was originally Wolverine when he arrived. I wanted an Irish name for him as that was his country of birth and Logan just kept jumping out at me. Was only later that it was pointed out to me that Logan is actually the 'alter ego' of Wolverine in the X Men which I found scarily spooky.

Heidi is a very 'German' GSD - she arrived with the name but I have not felt the need to change it as it really suits her.

pumpkin erm :blush02: he was born just before halloween and just sort of looked like one all orange and round

ttyzer cos hes orange and came from a place were the other dogs were called pepsi and max two tts cos he was thin and was given two teas to fill him out :laugh: and turbo cos hes fast :biggrin: :biggrin: the rest already had their names

Olaf The Lofty

normal_olafpose4.jpg

Olaf The Lofty -

olaf.jpg

Olaf the Lofty, the Court Inventor, is a genius of great brain and little sense. His inventions have provided the Nogs with a deep wish not to have their lives improved by his ingenious mechanisms, because these are always bizarre and almost always disastrous.

Noggin The Nog

normal_1a.jpg

noggin.jpgra.gifwav.gifNoggin, king of the Nogs is a gentle king who likes a quiet life. He rules the Land of Nog and his people, the Nogs, with kindness and a well-meant but sometimes inconvenient desire to improve their lot.

Noggin dislikes magic and prefers to solve problems and right wrongs with a mixture of courage (of which he has plenty) and common-sense (of which he has not a lot).

There simply was nothing else that would ever have suited either of them *laughs*

Er Charlie as he's tiny shih tzu who bosses everyone else about aka captain charles, Teddy is huge and gets called little ted, Kola is black and was cola cola to start with, Rodney also gets called Rodders after only fools n horses, BigBoy well he's big and eats a lot :biggrin:

amanda

Oh wow !!! Noggin the Nog !!!, i loved Noggin the Nog........"this is the saga of Noggin the Nog" why can't they make kids proggs like that any more

Louie my first dog was named after the song" Louie Louie"

Celeste was from a book called Ritual, about a group of people called the Celestines who ate people :unsure: but i thought it was a beautiful name

Spud was after a very old wee dog that wandered about the park and tried to hump everything in sight

I just liked the name Daisy, and it just suits her

Olaf The Lofty

normal_olafpose4.jpg

Olaf The Lofty -

olaf.jpg

Olaf the Lofty, the Court Inventor, is a genius of great brain and little sense. His inventions have provided the Nogs with a deep wish not to have their lives improved by his ingenious mechanisms, because these are always bizarre and almost always disastrous.

Noggin The Nog

And I've got a dog named 'Bob' as it came to mind whenh he was picked up from the dog pound, gotta get more creative, this thread gives you ideas :laugh:

Amanda

Charlie just came with the name and we kept it because he was. (KC name Charlie the Traveller because he may have been a gypsy dog.)

Ross is red, so he got a red name. (KC name Ross the Rug because he's always under my feet.)

Hazel is reddy brown, so she got a reddy brown wood name. (Half Pint Hazel because she's small.)

Similarly Cedar, but he got a taller tree name because he's bigger. (True to Type because he's ginger and white, short coated, gentle and vulnerable like Charlie.)

Eddie - because my daughter wanted a JRT with that name, although I think his foster name of Bobby suited him better. (Odd One Out because all the others were ginger before him and he was black and white.)

Kye because my daughter wanted a bitch collie called Sky, but we got a dog instead. (Culture Shock because we've never had a manic collie before.)

Pam

Dylan: I went through a dog/cat names book at "Dylan" jumped out at me and suited him

Troy: He already came with that name and there was no reason to change it

Flash: I wanted to call him Dennis, but OH hated it. He came up with Flash and it suited him

Jesse: I thought it was a beautiful popular American name for an American boy

Clifford was named by my then OH's children, as his coat is red and he is small - very small as he is a mini wire haired daxi :laugh: :laugh: so clifford the small red dog it was

Archie was called Toby when I got him and it just didn't fit at all.

It took me about 3 days of going through the alphabet and all the names I could posssibly think of before Archie popped into my head, it fits him perfectly and he answers to it as well