UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dogs Names

siadwell

I had a whole list of names thought up when I got Alfie but he was just such an Alfie there was no contest. He's a real cheeky chappy just like the character in the movie.

Tilly was originally Bonnie which I didn't like at all. I thought Tilly was a really nice name (still do!) and it suited her. After a few days of calling 'Bonnietilly' she was used to it and now answers to it 100%.

I already have names picked out for my next two cockers, well, if they're boys anyway.

I really, really want a daschund or a JRT called Hector, I think it's a fab name for one of these dogs.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Harri came to us he was called "Sonny" As he was starting a new life and would be living with us forever we chose a new name. We choose Harri (spelt the Welsh way, cos we and him are Welsh). He has always responded to his name.

7 days ago we had our second dog. Initially I thought she was a Dilly. But by the time we arrived home I realised that this name was not correct. Then I had a brainwave and realied that she was Megan (but we call her Meg or Meggie). This is the first name she has had as she came from a puppy farm, and was answering to her name afer a few days :flowers:

Edited by lazydaisy

Akita is called Akita because she is an akita crossbreed lol.... and I couldn't think of anything else. I have never met another dog called Akita, which s perfect cos she is a very unique dog.

Indy... I had that name in my head before I found her, and it just suited her so I stuck with it.

Lexus got her name from someone at FOAL when she arrived at kennels. Nothing to do with me or Martin lol..

Cromwell because the first road sign I saw as I left the kennels with him was Cromwell Road...the girls at the rescue had called him Fred, believe me Cromwell most certainly isn't a Fred!!! (I love the name Fred but it's a cute cuddlie dog name..and Cromwell is a skinny fighter!!! :laugh: )

Tiz was called Tizzy when I got her, didn't change it cos I mistakenly thought she responded to it. She's more likely to respond to Evil Fat Witch which is her 'pet' name!!! :laugh:

Sidney..cos I love Sid James and thought as a poopie Sid was very comical!! Turns out he should of been named after Sid Vicious cos of his love of distruction and chaos!!! :wub:

Cooper was called Duke when I fostered him, once I'd admitted to myself he was staying I wanted to change it cos he's a short, fat, snuffley wonky dog..and Duke is a big dogs name!! So called him something that when shouted 'Coop' would sound like Duke! Although I rarely have to shout at Cooper cos he's an angel. :D

My daughers boyfriend suggested Murphy because our friends dog is called Paddy he thought they went well to-gether !! Its quite funny when we are out and shout PADDY , MURHY :biggrin:

He was called Billy when he was at WAW

Edited by irons

Dharma was (surprisingly) not named after Dharma off Dharma and Greg. Much as she is a dippy blonde, I liked the name, looked up the meaning and found something similar to this:

Dharma is also said to be the force which maintains the universe. Where there is dharma there is harmony and balance, both individually, socially and inter-galactically. So the path of dharma brings about the harmony and contentment that is also another aspect of what we are seeking. In this way, we want harmony inwardly, in our own consciousness, but we also cannot have individual peace unless there is harmony or cooperation socially, amongst the masses. So where there is no dharma, there is disharmony and a state of being that is out of balance. And socially it means that without dharma, there is a lack of cooperation, along with escalating quarrel and fighting.

My 1st dog was a red border collie called Pip. Short for Pip squeak as she was the smallest pup in the litter.

My current dog is called Lucy. Alsation/foxhound. Just liked Lucy as a name.

My next dog will be an Italian Spinone and will be called Moss. I said my next dog would be a Heidi but, I was looking at a photo of my friend who got killed a few years ago and his nick name was Moss after a collie he had and Moss just seemed right.