UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Did Your Dogs Go Out In The Rain

cycas

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah well it depends if it's raining out the front or out the back :rolleyes: Greyhound logic dictates that the rain that falls in the back garden is the type to be avoided at all cost, no amount of pushing shoving and boots up bums could possibly compell him to go out in that for a pee unless his bladder is at bursting point, then it is tolerated for only as long as it takes to pee before the 100mph dash back indoors. However, the rain out the front is of no concern provided he has his coat and lead on which means walkies :rolleyes: that rain is very different to the back garden type :laugh:

Mine had a quick run in friends field first thing (thank the lord for kind friends!!) and then in the afternoon I'd arranged to meet another friend on a quiet beach cos she wanted her dog to have a good run and was having problems with him in busy areas!!! She text early to ask if the weather was alright near me....and I'll be honest in my little house it was very nice thank you!!!

Got to the 'quiet' beach at 2...of course it was bloody quiet it was force 10 gales and sideways rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine got out the car...Cooper and Tiz promptly jumped straight back in!!!!! :laugh: (Got to love staffies!!!) So coated them up and they were happy!! Had a lovely walk...only saw 2 other idiots and their dog in the distance and all 6 dogs had an absolute ball!!! Cooper is still knackered this morning!!! He even went swimming with his coat on!! :wub: :wub:

I'm definately going for a greyhound and staffie next time..they seem to have a sensible attitude to the weather (unlike poodle x's who don't care ... a walk is a walk no matter what it's doing outside!!!!!!!)

I have to force mine out into the garden for a wee,no way would they walk out in it. Ebbi (at 6 years old) will still wee on the kitchen floor rather than go out through the dog flap at night if it is raining! I have to make sure that she goes out before I go to bed! Kizzy does the fastest ever run in the garden/wee/and back indoors dash that you have ever seen! :biggrin:

Out in morning, got a bit wet but it started when we were about 15 minutes from home so we were lucky. It then rained solidly here from 11am to 10.30pm so no afternoon walk, just let Sadie out for toilet breaks. She was not happy with me. I got the hopeful look every time I went near her lead then the disappointed, 'you're so cruel to me' look when I didn't pick it up. She was raring to go this morning and made me walk twice as far as usual!

My two are quite happy to walk in the rain and we go everyday regardless of what the weather is like. However George is reluctant to go out in the garden for wees when it's raining and I usually am to be found out there getting wet whilst I hold an umbrella over him :rolleyes:

Marion

Even though Maddie thinks rainis acid, I'm into S&M so dragged her round Briz in the pizzing down rain in equally ridiculous raincoats. She didn't thank me for it, but it avoided bullie runs up and down my boat at high speed, so I think worthwhile, even though I had The Hangover From Hell.

Hmm. My greyhound seems to be broken then. She thinks she is a spaniel!

My two are spaniels but they still don't do rain. Dillon in particular hates it. He just stands there looking hurt if I make him go out in the rain. As for getting them to go in the garden for wees, I'm fighting a losing battle :unsure:

OB is like Nog, back door rain is evil and burns, but front door rain is OK if you have a lead and a coat on, but he has been known to leg it back to the car if a sudden downpour happens when we're out. He does the most pathetic beaten dog look if he's caught out in a shower :laugh:

Kenza, well, Im not sure she even notices that its raining..... :rolleyes:

Edited by chasta

I did a very short street walk to collect son from school. The combination of rain, wind and the vvv cold put me off!!!! What can I get to waterproof the space between knee lenght wellies and my jacket which stops about 6 inches above my knees????

I fetl very guilty because my dog (lab) is not bothered by the weather :mellow: