UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Who Does Agility?

crazyspaniels

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadist.

Christine R and I both have to read out the results at the presentations at our respective shows and we won't appreciate having to get our tongues round that one at all.

It gets worse ... my last name is Polish, people have enough trouble with that as it is. :P

You'll have a few months of tongue-twisting peace yet; she won't be making her debut until Golden Valley in June.

I do agility with my 3, but am a useless handler!

Meg has been doing it for 2 years and started competing last summer. She is an extremely fast collie, so keeping up with her is always an issue! Her KC name is Midnight Mystic Meg. We train twice a week and have free access to a full agility course.

Ellie and Murphy both run for fun and have competed in nursery at uka once last year, but not being collies they aren't quite as interested!

Ellies uka name is Dawnlight Golden Belle, (shes a goldie and we call her ellie belly!) and murphy's is Murphy's Irish Dream. (He was an irish rescue.)

---

Sadist.

Christine R and I both have to read out the results at the presentations at our respective shows and we won't appreciate having to get our tongues round that one at all.

You're not wrong there although the worst I think are the Welsh names - just can't get my tongue round these at all!!! :lol: :lol:

My writing's appalling so I always have to print when I'm scoring :rolleyes:

Levi Wabbit- Levi is the name he came with at 10mnths sothought it a bit mean to change it, and Wabit coz his ears get in his collar like a lop ear when you put it on.

First few shows we got eliminated every class coz he didn't like being away from his Mum, but then he started getting into it and last season we qualified out of Elementary. I've just sent off his reg for rescue dog league.

Gizmo will hopefully be The Tenacious Tigger- staffiex lurcher/collie type. 11 months and playing with a bit of training but taking it real slow.

Oh and my hubby is a saint- I'm addicted and don't get many weekends free so intend to go to Supadogs plus Uka Week followed by Dashin DogsWeek. Might manage one week with him :lol: :D

I love hearing the KC names the agility dogs have so please can I hear some more on here :D

Holly will be ( when I get round to sending off the paperwork )

Holly Monster of Wexford

we started Agility in December, we are having a forced break as the field floods very badly in this weather

I do agility with our Lab, Ruby. I think I enjoy it more than she does though ! She kind of trundles round but I sometimes still stuggle to keep up. It's only for fun. Been going about 4 months now. She's still a bit of a minx though & will sometimes run off to se what the other doggies are up to instead of concentrating on her round ! (she's 2 yrs 4mths). Mind you the thrill I get when she's done a good round - wish I could bottle that feeling :biggrin: We haven't done the seasaw yet and have only done the cloth tunnel a few times - she wasn't keen on that at all.

My Brittany, (retired) is called "Exocet Sid", as when we got him he had a history of destruction, so i thought "French missile that destroys everything it touches" :laugh: , as I was already competing with my other dog I sent his paperwork off quickly. As it turned out, with regular thrice daily walks, and training he never has destroyed anything in 9 years! Shame on me.

My Collie Bitch was rehomed because of aggression, so she became "Phantom Menace" coz she could creep up on something like a phantom and she was a bl**dy Menace :biggrin:

Some of the KC names I really like are

Something for the week-end

Cunning Stunt

Catch me if you Can

Paws for Breath

Karen

"Cunning Stunt"

----

Let's hope anyone announcing that one isn't given to spoonerisms.

Pam

i had to double check twice i had written it correctly :laugh:

I have been doing agility for 19 years (which isn't bad as I'm just coming up to 26), doesn't mean I'm that good at it, but we give it our best lol. :biggrin:

Here are our dog's KC names:

Charm - Star Charm of Fluke

Bryn - Starazaz Patch (not our choice)

Gem - Got A Gem From Valgray

Dizzy - JD's Dizzy Girl

Breeze - Sadar Fly To Freedom

Twiglett - JD's Get Twiggy With It

I used to love our white GSD's name, which was White Knight Snow Trooper (he was a handsome lad). :wub: