UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Who Does Agility?

crazyspaniels

Have done agility now for 18 years!

Dogs at the moment are:

No Sasha - Sasha wsd

No Sammy - Sam cross, 11 years old, just qualified for Veteran final in June if still competing

Gefni Agility Aye - Jacko GSD

Ruby Lad - Kez, 1 year old tomorrow, (Tuesday), training now coming on wellish.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

I do agility with my collie x terrier Kody. We've been doing it since May last year. Had our first show last weekend (UKA) got eliminated 3 times :laugh: - Kody forgot how to weave but we both thourghly enjoyed ourselves! :biggrin: Her registered name is Koad the Toad cause thats her nick name.

I do a bit of agility for fun with my GSD Herbie. I found a great class that is not competitive just fun which was exactly what i was looking for :)

Herbie absolutely loves it but does have a habit of grabbing my arm in all his excitement :ohmy: (a habit that i am trying to break him of!).

I have been into agilitynet this morning to see where the local shows are so am hoping to go and watch a few to pick up some more tips.

ive been going with my german wirehaired pointer for about 6 months now but hes had time off for kennel cough and just recently as he had the snip!

we did our first club show in sept having been going to classes for under 3 months and although we got eliminated in all 4 classes, he did weave and do the seesaw!

my bug bear is contacts because he is such a big lump that he picks up too much speed to stop. hes ok on the dog walk but i have nightmares about the a-frame!

he loves his weaves but so far we havent figured out uneven ones.

we;ve done a few club shows now and the last one we did we got a 7th out of about 100 dogs which was fab.

i do play with my irish terrier in the garden but she is 9 and a very traumatised rescue so i wouldnt dream of taking her to classes. wev just rescued a jrt and she is starting on sunday so fingers crossed.

dudley, my pointer is registered with the kennel club as krakenexis kaligular which is the name his breeder gave him but if i can change it or register him with uka as something different its going to be dudley ditchwater as he always finds the smelliest water to swim in. we will be going to newbury hopefully and that will be his first 'proper' show.

I have a Dudley too :D

You will probably hear me shouting Dudley you b*****d so you'll know it's me.

Which Newbury one are you going to?

Hi Paula, if you have`nt spotted it yet there is a shows thread for who will be where, so you need to put your shows on there cos I have scruffles and fuss which have been waiting ages for me to give to Dudley :wub: :biggrin:

http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2888

newbury uka in april. havent registered yet coz theres always the possibility that he will go lame. my last horse was on and off competing all the time so registration was wasted.

it might get confusing if theres 2 people shouting dudley you bstard at one show me thinks!