UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poor Little Molly

JoT

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything crossed here. She's a little beauty. :wub:

Well, Molly's prospective owner came to visit today with her other 2 dogs and all went very well. She loves her even more now she's seen her and wants her. But she needs to square the addition of another dog in the family with her husband first and he's abroad on business at the moment and she's had problems reaching him, so it may have to wait till he comes home in just over a week. Then she'll be back, if he agrees. She really can offer Molly the environment she needs, so we're happy to wait, particularly as Molly is really blossoming now and seems happy and settled with us, is gaining weight and responding to us. Whilst we want to get her into a home as soon as possible, we don't feel the same urgency as when she first arrived and this home feels like it's worth waiting for. There are a couple of possibles in the wings if this doesn't work out, too. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
:laugh: :laugh:

I thought it was about time I updated everybody who's been so concerned about Molly. The lady's husband returned from his travels and has point blank refused to have another dog in the house, so she's had to back out sadly.

So I contacted the next lady on the list, got the home check completed and she's coming for Molly on Saturday! This wonderful lady has waited patiently, saying that if Molly was meant to come to her, it would happen. It looks like it really was meant to be.

Meanwhile, Molly is a different dog these days, much more outgoing, enjoying the company of other dogs, putting on weight and her joints are strengthening. She trots off on her walks with such enthusiasm compared with the lack-lustre little dog of a week or two ago.

I'll confirm when she's gone and hopefully get her to post some post-adoption photos as she first saw Molly on Oldies. :) :)

Everything comes to those who wait. :biggrin: I hope everything goes perfectly for Molly on Saturday.

It's great to read about Molly's dramatic improvement and I can't wait to see photos of her in her new home. :flowers:

Molly went to her new home today! :partytime:

The lady who adopted her has four other dogs and has rescued and fostered loads over the years, so she's in excellent hands.

She's getting along really well with the other dogs, has spent some time investigating the house and garden and has now bedded down in their bedroom alongside the other dogs. So this is a really happy ending for her. :thumbsup_anim:

I've asked her new owner to send in a rehoming story when Molly has settled in, so keep watching and thanks to everybody out there for all their care and concern about her. :liebe94: