UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Clicker Training Club

Brammie

Brock thought it was great fun

/quote]

Brock would.

And puppies especially are wonderful to clicker train.

I'm sure Meg isn't stupid.

I always joke that Ross is thick, but he just needs to be sure what he is doing is right because he's scared of getting it wrong.

Pam

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go for it helen! clicker training is the best thing i ever discovered to train my dogs! it really does work!! i always say Moss is stupid, but he isnt really... ive never clicker trained him... just pops and frost... but Moss has worked out what the clicker is for all by himself!

so there is hope for Meg yet! hehe

- teresa

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Could I join please? I don't have a dog at the moment but I got bored over the winter and now my silver tabby tom cat will "sit" & "speak" on command! (I have the video to prove it if you're interested! 1245kb)

Pam

That''s fab! I didn't know you could clicker train cats!

If you can do it with cats, maybe its worth a shot with madkin... can I join in too? :)

That''s fab! I didn't know you could clicker train cats!

If you can do it with cats, maybe its worth a shot with madkin... can I join in too? :)

You can train anything! My students have trained rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice, gerbils, rats, dogs, cats, iguanas, bosch lizards, skinks, goats, lambs, pigs, horses, chickens, ducks, quail and probably a load of other stuff that I've forgotten about. Would like to try a parrot and maybe a cow, but they aren't so easy to get my hands on. Dogs are too easy :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, i need clicker training advice!! We are having a fantastic time clicker training and have learnt stupid things like rolling and walking backwards (highly important things!) we are also clicker training a recall and its getting there. And now we are starting on lead work. But there is a problem. I dont have enough hands. 1 hand to hold onto the lead, 1 hand to have the clicker in and 1 hand to have the treat in. Can anyone see the problem?? What does everyone else do?

• 2 weeks later...

I can now join! :biggrin: Me and Sidney had our first lesson on friday! Teacher was abit....ummmm...brisk, but found the theory behind clicker extreamly good! He responded brilliantly..until my friend came with her Newfi bitch and Sidney fell in love!! :D I've been trying to use it outside, but find it very hard with all 4 of them off lead and once Sidney is outside he doesn't care about food and just wants toy! I have found the clicker useful when he drops his toy, cos me chucking it is his reward!

Surprisingly Tiz is responding the best! I've even got a down from a distance from her and I've only been doing it 3 days!! I'm actually thinking of taking her to the lesson's and not Sidney because she's really the one that needs the training! This morning she did her usual and ran towards someone barking...I called her back and instantly she turned and absolutely belted back to me!! I was so pleased with her..although in my haste tried to giver her a horse bix instead of a dog one!! :laugh: :laugh:

• 3 months later...

Trainer: Sam

Dog: Monty

Experience: Used a clicker for agility training - targets for contacts, "2 on 2 off" position for contacts, weave entries, turns, waits. Clicker trained to a target stick.

Plus loads of other tricks - specials being "bow", weave through legs, and being shot dead :biggrin:

• 1 month later...