UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Clicker Training Club

Brammie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I join your group, been clicker training for 11 years now, four clicker trained dogs at the moment, sam 11 years only been clicker trained for 6 months, sasha 6 years, been doing it for 5 years with her, Jacko nearly 3 years been doing it since 8 weeks with him, Kez 1 year been clicker training him from 10 weeks.

Already do target training, so are ok with first challenge, have I missed anything else.

My Name is Margaret

Nettie, you can get what called an 'I Click' this has four different sounds at two diff volumes.

Click, Beep, Frog, Bird each with a loud and soft tone and you can swap between the tones quite easily. You would then be able to pick a tone for each dog, 'prime' them to that sound so they shouldn't be so bothered when you work the other dog with it's own individual sound.

Sandra

Thanks Sandra, that sounds brilliant, I'll just have to remember which sound which dog is primed to! Do you know where you can get them?

Edited by Nettie

• 2 weeks later...
This is your chance to stop thinking "Oh one day i will try clicker training" and DO IT :D

To join all you need is a clicker and a dog (oh and some food) - i have some clickers if anyone cant find one in the shops (donation to staffycross please ;) ).

Similar to the HTM area we will do a trick/command every week or two depending on how hard it is but im gonna need your guys in put!

APPLY NOW :)

Trainer - Brammie

Doglets - Bram, Ash and Pop

Past Clicker History - A fair few tricks

Maze x

Can I join up with Kenza please, we've not done any clicker training so far,but she is bright and quick to learn, and Im hoping I can help her overcome her 'other dog' issues with positive methods... any advice gratefully recieved. I'll get us a clicker asap and get going!

• 2 weeks later...

ohh go on then

Helen

Cleo 6, Meg 2, Brock 1, Flyte baby (all collie types)

can do b***r all so far with clicker training

read lots about it and keep meaning to get going but never seem to

my main resevations about are

when i first bought a clicker i decided i was going to go to the field where its quite and have a play about - i was walking down the cannal reading the little booklet i got with my clicker and dropped the clicker in the canal - ive always seen this as an omen that clicker training is not for me

and when i have previouslly played about with a clicker with my older dog Cleo she just kind of looks at me with a p**s off will you look shes very stuborn and very very grumpy

Brock thought it was great fun

and Meg is just to stupid