The Clicker Training Club

Brammie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely up for this one!

Trainer: Fiona

Dog(s): Taz and Meg (possibly Molly if she can be bothered. Not Callie, she's deaf)

Past Clicker History: Used clicker to help with training basic commands, nothing fancy.

Ok - I will sign up too.

Gnasher (collie/terrier cross) and Lady (whippety/something cross)

Lady is very keen on clicker training and tend to pick new things up quite easily. Gnasher is still grasping the whole concept of clicker training and tends to be quite cautious about it but we are getting there slowly!

I clicker train both my dogs. Dylan for the last 2 years or so, Flash right from the start. As Dylan is a crossover dog, he is not quite as adventurous when training, but he still loves it. Flash is fab, the perfect clicker training dog... it's just me that is lagging behind... :P

I won't be able to join you for actual training exercises as I just don't have the time, but I shall be reading about it with interest!

Vera

PS. I have started clicker training my African Ringneck parakeet and she is doing really well! So clicker training is not just for dogs, but works on most animals. :)

Guest Vikinggirl

I'd like to join too please!!!

Me: Vikinggirl

Pupil: Lucy, rescue terrier x, age thought to be around 2

Experience so far: slowly, baby steps, but responds well to C&T and totally ignores when no C&T!!!! :laugh:

No reason not for Caliie - you can swap a clicker for a light ie some kind of small torch. Instead of the 'click' she woud get a 'flash'!

Lol, I see that might be possible with some dogs - but Callie is also elderly, grumpy, has poor eyesight and is very stubborn. I think any kind of 'training' would be doomed to failure.

Yes please

Trainer Nettie

Dog: Indy (13 and will sit for a click but that's it), Rio (5) and will do anything for a click, Bertie (5 months) and will do what he can for a click.

History: Have clicker trained but not that seriously, did a foundation course weekend in the Midlands, Rio clicker trained to intermediate level, Bertie starts his foundation training classes at the end of the month, clicker is not introduced until the 4th week, I think more to ease the owners into it gently rather than the dogs!

Now my first question, I train them individually in our living room with the door closed but............wherever the other two dogs are at the first sound of a click they are baying and scratching at the door to get in and join in, even if they've been fast asleep upstairs, this can be very off putting especially for a 5 month old puppy. Any suggestions to avoid this other than stuffing cotton wool in their ears?

Nettie, you can get what called an 'I Click' this has four different sounds at two diff volumes.

Click, Beep, Frog, Bird each with a loud and soft tone and you can swap between the tones quite easily. You would then be able to pick a tone for each dog, 'prime' them to that sound so they shouldn't be so bothered when you work the other dog with it's own individual sound.

Sandra