UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Obesity

Katiebob

Poor girl.

If it is a thyroid problem she'll be sorted fairly quickly. If it's 'just' overeating then that will take longer I suppose.

I'll look forward to piccies when she is slim and groomed :biggrin:

How old is she Di, and does she have a name ?

Her name is Misty and she is around 8. She's very sweet :wub:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were told by our vet that we were feeding Kassi too much. It was driving me insane telling him I was not. He tested her Thyroid and it was underactive. She has been on tablets now a couple of months and is a different dog :)

Katie is lovely :wub:

We were told by our vet that we were feeding Kassi too much. It was driving me insane telling him I was not. He tested her Thyroid and it was underactive. She has been on tablets now a couple of months and is a different dog :)

Katie is lovely :wub:

my old girl Akita has hypothyroid and was 5-6 kilos heavier than now, before starting treatment. She has been on tablets for 2½ years, and looks fit and well for her age. I hope Misty is a happier healthier girl soon :wub: :flowers:

I've spoken to Rough collie rescue today. Misty will be having full blood tests tomorrow and we will be working on a diet.

It may be the change of environment but she doesn't seem overly keen on dog food - she left her dinner last night and only ate half her breakfast :unsure: I'm not sure if this is a reaction to being rehomed or whether she just prefers human food (she was pretty interested in doughnuts!!), or whether she genuinely doesn't eat much but has put on weight because of a medical problem. Obviously we need to find out so that we know what the next steps are :)

She came for a walk around the paddocks for around half an hour this morning - my dogs went flat out and she did try to trot along but obviously she isn't capable of too much exercise at the moment. :ohmy:

I'll update this tomorrow after we've seen the vet.