UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Should Saddam Die?

raiye

As someone who had a Father, Fiance and brother-In-Law and numerous friends and extended family out there when the land war broke out on the 17th Jan 1991, we spend very second, minute and hour of every day wondering about our loved ones out there and praying they were ok and made it back home to us, we had councillors in our schools to help kids get through it. The state of most of those young men who came back shells of what they went out there as.. Should he die "oh yes"

Lack of compassion?? Yes!!! If that makes me as bad as him, then so be it...

I feel for every member of the forces out there and I feel for their families.. I feel for everyone who lost members of their famly out there, we where lucky and got our love ones back, many didn't, and there will be more who don't... So if me wanting him dead, for all the suffering and heartache and long term suffering he has caused, makes me as bad as him then I'll take that, but I'd defy you to sit and watch a grown man cry and shake with fear just from hearing fireworks, because of Desert Storm..

My brother did 2 weeks over there - after everything had apparently been sorted. And he says its still an hurrendous situation, and he was no where near any activity.

I dont think taking Sadam out of the situation will/has helped in anyway. And I dont think it will help any of those soldiers feel better in themselves. Surely it is our own government that should be held responsible for their suffering?

My brother has said he would struggle to pull the trigger on him. But that would be different I suppose for those that have suffered directly because of his actions.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fear of the loss of your own life must be the ultimate , I hope he feels that , his disciples had no choice they were brainwashed to believe what he said...............I hope that he feels the desparation that his supporters did when they hoped for their lives .........but I doubt it....he is in my opinion is or from tomorrow I hope was a very evil man and no manner of compassion would he repent :(

I hope he feels that , his disciples had no choice they were brainwashed to believe what he said...

And where have we heard that before? "I was only following orders etc?"

The Nuremburg trials perchance?

I'm sorry but if people have to use that excuse then it's not acceptable.

Stand up and be counted, if more of it happened we might have a more equitable world.

I remember seeing a film when i was a kid. I cant remember much about it except the story was about this guy who had done something wrong (forget what) and was given the death sentence as punishment. Several years later they found out they had the wrong guy. I know it doesnt apply here but if the thought is a life for a life the above will apply at some point so i say no.

Also wonder how many of us, if the decision laid directly on our shoulders would go ahead and say yes? Wouldnt that make you a killer too and just as bad? I know one person who did alot of damage to my family and the thought of smashing them to a pulp is good, but killing?..ill pass thanks.

I honestly cant remember what the film was (think it was in black and white tho!)

It is wrong to kill, no matter who or why. (tho in true self defence its understandable) Life is the one thing that is still a bit magic and less tarnished about the human race. Start messing with that and i think we have a major problem. We are not God (even tho im not sure there is such a thing) and we dont have the right to take away something so precious in such a final way. You cannot change it once its done and thats never a good place to be.

It is wrong to kill, no matter who or why. (tho in true self defence its understandable) Life is the one thing that is still a bit magic and less tarnished about the human race. Start messing with that and i think we have a major problem. We are not God (even tho im not sure there is such a thing) and we dont have the right to take away something so precious in such a final way. You cannot change it once its done and thats never a good place to be.

Agree totally with that. Theres no justification for killing anyone. Theres nothing to be gained from it is what I'm trying to say I suppose

Saddam said he was "Happy to meet his God, and be a Martyr". He,ll be given a hero-like worship and thats not what should happen, so I doubly think he should be kept alive now.

But I,ll be honest and say this.. when I heard his death would be tomorrow, I didnt feel like I thought Id feel. I didnt think "Oh good, the bastard going to be hung tomorrow...yipee", I just felt kind of sad :huh: Its a strange thing to try to explain, I dont even understand it myself, who am I sad for exactly? :unsure: