UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Attitudes

cheryl33

It is easier to get offended or annoyed and often it usually boils down to the fact that the reader has misinterpretted the intentions of the poster.

Ain't that the truth..........it's so easy to read different meanings into what's been written than what was intended, and that can lead to some over-reaction .

Some things can be mis-read but downright rudeness or nastiness is plain for all to see and imo inexcusable on forums.

If you feel strongly pm the person - simple. :)

Its so easy for bad typing and English to be taken as rudeness and also misunderstood. Most type as they would speak and "hear" other peoples comments rather than read them. The same with emoticons :wacko:

I agree Kathy. PMs are an easy way to double check you have the right end of the stick.

Especially in controversial forums where everyone feels very strongly about the subjects. I fond it best if a post bothers you - to go away and read it again in the morning before replying. Its then often read in a completely different context and not as nasty as first imagined. Also - skip readings can cause no end of trouble............

I think it is hard to compare real life with a forum. If you are face to face with someone you can get a better idea of their intentions, tone of voice etc. On a forum you can't always tell what people are or are not inferring. It is easier to get offended or annoyed and often it usually boils down to the fact that the reader has misinterpretted the intentions of the poster.

This is exactly why I tend to :Lurking: instead of posting too often. I worry that the way I mean things to come out is not how it will be read and I'll annoy/offend/upset/seriously p*** someone off.

This is exactly why I tend to :Lurking: instead of posting too often. I worry that the way I mean things to come out is not how it will be read and I'll annoy/offend/upset/seriously p*** someone off.

I'm sorry but what exactly do you mean by that? :angry:

(just kidding :D :flowers: )

I was told this by someone and shall never forget it, he said life is like a tree full of monkeys, all the ones at the top look down and see monkeys, the monkeys at the bottom look up and see a***holes. Just try to imagine that picture in your head, works for me, and makes me smile which really unsettles the person in question... :cool:

I was told this by someone and shall never forget it, he said life is like a tree full of monkeys, all the ones at the top look down and see monkeys, the monkeys at the bottom look up and see a***holes. Just try to imagine that picture in your head, works for me, and makes me smile which really unsettles the person in question... :cool:

I like that :wink:

• 1 month later...

:biggrin: i love that one, i've always said 'be careful how you treat people when your on the way up, because your more than likely gonna meet them on the way back down

I don't have a problem with peoples attitudes on forum. The written word is so difficult to show what you mean and sometimes one wrong word or one punctuation mark in the wrong place can change the meaning. Although some people are certainly up their own arses.

However, face to face, if people look down their noses at me and OH, we tend to act really common and stupid, we'll play this game for a while than we'll go in for the kill. It's a game we both play and it gives us great enjoyment. :laugh: :laugh:

i can cope with what anyone says to me, so long as they have an arguement to put forward, not just name calling. no one ever has exactly the same opinion and thats what allows people to offer alternatives to problems. i do have trouble coping with people who just resort to name calling because life isnt as rosy as they hope. without causing offense cos non is ment, there are lots of people out there who go to rescues for their help but then get abusive when such a rescue points out where they've gone wrong! unfortunatly, the same can be said in reverse!