UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Close Friend Takes Drugs

chrisjd

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it doesnt make her a junkie, but most people who have a bad experience with Es dont take them again, she did, the very next weekend, which means the buzz she got far out-weighed the negative feelings, and she was prepared to take a chance. Thats the start of addiction. And despite what people say, one drug can and very often does lead onto other drugs. This month Es, next month Coke, then crack, then heroin, is the way a lot of people get onto Heroin. She may well be "in control" at the moment, and never take anything else, but it could be the start of a drug addiction, and if Chris is very anti-drugs, he should distance himself from her if she continues to use.

Drugs can be anything from mild hassle (which you are already experiencing) to big, big trouble for lots of reasons - the narcotic effects, the medical effects, the wider psychological effects, the people that hang around them, the people that supply them, the law, the lifestyle. Given that you don't do them yourself, is this girl worth taking all that onboard?

I agree that alcohol and tobacco are equally, if not more dangerous, but rights or wrongs aside ecstasy is illegal - alcohol and tobacco are not.

... which apart from anything else, at least means that you can be pretty sure what is in your pint, in a way that you cannot be with recreational drugs (with the possible exception of cannabis from a known strain that you grew yourself).

If it were me, I think I'd probably walk away, but it depends so much on exactly how you feel about her and what you are prepared to put up with.

I'd probably walk away from someone who got hideously drunk, swore off the booze, then went out and got hammered again next weekend too. I like a drink, but I wouldn't want a relationship with someone who regularly got really seriously pissed.

Thanks for your coments guys!

She wont reply to calls or texts now so I guess me having a go at her hasnt helped! Other problem is that I get on with her mum very well too and she has been great about us despite a few years age gap!

Should I whisper in her mums ear about the problems or leave it be!?

Thanks for your coments guys!

She wont reply to calls or texts now so I guess me having a go at her hasnt helped! Other problem is that I get on with her mum very well too and she has been great about us despite a few years age gap!

Should I whisper in her mums ear about the problems or leave it be!?

errrr.............how many years gap? you are only a youngster yourself :unsure:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: lucky escape there methinks :flowers:

I'd leave it at that, too.

And seriously, you must know the hassle teachers get - even if she isn't a pupil, she is young enough to set parental alarm bells ringing. No matter what the whole story is, you'd get parents (like me :laugh: ) saying "he's going out with a teenager" - and that's even without rumours of drug-taking.

Take care, literally. :flowers:

Liz.

Im 19, and hated going clubbing with my mates. So much so i told them where to shove it a few times. It is normal for many people (not everyone though) my age to go out and get a few pills. Not so much now that im in Gloucester but certainly in Cardiff it is was too easy to get a couple of pills, or a line in the bathroom toilets. I never went to any 'rough' schools, never 'fell in with the wrong crowd'. All peoples invloved in drug taking did very well in their A-levels and one is studying english at Oxford after getting 4 A grades. Bt still a good night to them is going out having a few pints in a bar then moving onto a club and popping pills. Personally i dont stand for any poor behaviour and if drugs wanted to be taken fine, but dont involve me in anyway, or anyway that it could be traced back to me.

To be honest if you are not comfortable with it then it is best that you have gone your seperate ways.

My ex boyfriend of 6 years started off pretty much like that - at 16 he was signed up with a premiership football club and had played for England at junior level and literally had the world at his feet. He then discovered soft drugs and soon they were not enough for him - the potential football career went down the pan and he gradually spiralled downwards and very nearly took me with him. Luckily I saw sense and got out before it was too late for me but he was sadly beyond help.

I left him in the days when smoking cannabis with E tabs and acid at the weekend were still enough - he died a few years back from a heroin overdose.

19 yr old taking random drugs!!! hmmmm sounds like my brother!!!!

lol.......you knwo what i went/going through with him and his 'occasional' drugs..........plus she is miles too young for ya.....(sorry im bias) but rmb sometimes not always good putting publically all about your private life!!! maybe trust in a few friends in pm's or msn......learn form your mistakes