UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Oh wow isn't he gorgeous!

Clever little banner, doesn't she look smart with her clip! :D

How's Loki now Clare? Recovered from his ordeal?

Milo's now semi retired after our busy weekend :laugh: now the clocks have gone back I will only get to ride at weekends and in the school holidays :( not to mention the fact my friend who's lorry I borrow is taking it off the road for the winter so I'm loosing my transport from December-march. I did offer her the money to keep it on the road but she's already decided to keep her hay in it! Ive got until the end of November to use it so I thought I might take Milo to an SJ competition in 2 weeks time.

Other than that I'm pleading with my dad to get a tow bar put on his 4x4 so I can get a cheap trailer and get ferried around :laugh:

Oh bless him, how calm is he for a 4yr old :wub:

Loki's fine now thanks, just need to get the saddle sorted and we will crack on again, after my week off for a cold and his week off I am feeling motivated again. Have a saddler coming on Thursday who is also a FEI 2* dressage judge and trains with Carl Hester so I am a tad nervous about riding in front of her!

CP your Dad can't have a 4x4 and not have a tow bar with a daughter who has a horse, its against the rules :laughingsmiley: Sounds like if you could persuade him then all your travel worries would be sorted.

Glad Loki is feeling better :)

CP - I can't believe your dad doesn't have a towbar on his 4x4! That's what 4x4s are for isn't it? Towing horse trailers??

I am getting my new car next week - am getting a land rover defender (complete with towbar :wink: ). Hopefully then I will be able to practice towing and have a go at my towing test.

I schooled Blue tonight in the rain and wind - he was so spooky! Just waited to get a nice trot on each rein and then called it a day :rolleyes:

Banner is in disgrace and her International Superstar status has been reduced to Star for the time being. She tried to barge out on YO Sam and when prevented she reared and boxed at her. Sam was so surprised that Banner nipped past and trotted off down the building, to compound her bad behaviour she then presented her bum and threatened to kick.

Once nabbed Sam did some backing up hand halts with her, cue Banner becoming all sweetnesss and light! What a naughtly pony!

Oh banner! How could you :O

I have to.say Milo wins naughty horse of the week.

He's now more or less run out of good grass, I'm spreading hay out in the field 2 or 3 times a day (as well as his normal feeds) but he's just so bored and on the rampage. I split the field in 2 and most mornings this week.I've arrived to find him in.the wrong bit. I electrified it, he didn't break out, sorted. As If he was saying 'up yours' Yesterday I get a call from the man who owns the field to say milo was found by a dog walker in the neigjbouring field which goes out onto the main road :O of course I have no idea how he got over there, to get over he had to climb over my electric tape, a normal fence and scale a 6 foot ditch. All just for a munch on some nice grass and see his 2 equine neighbours.

Today I've put him In the far side of where he got out, there is grass but hes not interested in it but he's eating his hay. I have again electrified the fence and he seems to be terrified of it. Having said that, I sat in the dark earlier and watched him leaving on the fence and was obviously protected from his rug so I've had no choice but to leave him naked.

Im praying that he stays put tonight, if he gets out again I literally have no idea what to.do with him other than tie him up to a tree :laugh:

Dont know if this would help but a friend had a horse that was always breaking out of electric tape as he had to be rugged. In desperation after he was nearly hit by a car she attached a piece of electric tape to the front of his rug making sure it threaded through to touch him. Next time he did it he literally got a nasty shock and has never broken out again. Its probably not the best of ideas but it has probably saved his life.