UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Glad things are going well with Phoebe, we must be over due some pics :biggrin:

Finally managed to get out to a lesson yesterday, was lovely to be out again and we enjoyed ourselves, as I've missed a couple I am treating myself to another one on Saturday, before the Christmas madness falls (but hopefully not snow!)

There was an awful accident on Saturday where three riders out hacking were driven into by a drunk driver, two horses were pts at the scene and the third is being treated, two of the riders were taken to hospital, one was 13yrs old. How on earth does someone ever get over that happening, poor poor horses and riders :mecry:

What are all the horses getting for christmas then? Not surprisingly Wanda has a new rug, a 100gr turnout from Swish, really nice rugs too. Clumper and Obe also have one. Banner has a nameplate for her stable door, it says Banner, The International Superstar. Lilli has a new brush and a stable mirror so she can check her hair before she goes out. Well, that's if she can actually see her hair!

A carrot - if he's lucky :laugh:

Went jumpies today, was our first trip out in my trailer. It was fab, no trouble at all. Milo was fantastic today, we did two classes, 70cm and 75cm. The first class I took steady, unfortunately he clipped the last pole but he was very calm and chilled :) In the second class I was brave enough to drive him on a bit more forward, I rode it awfully but he saved the day. We went clear then went straight into the jump off, went clear and came 3rd, what a super star :) so pleased with him. He's a pain In the back side to live with but he always does so well for me, bless him :wub:

• Like 1

Loki got a new rug too and Im off to Olympia on Sunday with Christmas money from boyfriend so no doubt Loki will end up with more presents than me!

Although I think I might be buying other people rugs at this rate as people keep spotting him moving horses around the field by their rugs, he even nearly had his pony friend off the ground as he lifted him by the top of the rug, apparently the belly straps were full stretch and the pony was very nearly airborn and squealing at him :blush:

Just a heads up I didn't realise but the freestyle dressage from Olympia is on the red buttom tomorrow night :biggrin:

Well done CP and Milo :flowers: You're going to show us up on our lesson next week!

Edited by Clare

Happy Chrsitmas everyone! :)

Sorry, got to have a rant, its driving me mental...

Im having issues at the moment with the girl who lives where Milo is who 'helps' me. Lets just say her enthusiasm for looking after him has seriously dwindled in the last few weeks - maybe it has something to do with the rain and mud :laugh: Seriously though, she normally feeds him in the mornings on Saturdays and Sundays for me. She's been ill this week so just to double check I texted her yesterday morning to check if she could feed him, she promptly text me back to say she had already fed him, so I thought, great! I trundled down at lunchtime to ride and I was mortified to find he had no hay or water. I know he'd been searching for food and drinking out of the puddles because his usually white nose was mud coloured! I know theres no way she couldve fed him any hay either because when I fill up his hay box in the morning it will last him most of the day, and there literally wasnt a scrap of hay left. I didnt actually tell her I was coming down to ride at lunchtime so whats worrying is that he couldve been stood there all day with nothing to eat :( I was really cross!! I text her and asked if she'd remembered to feed him hay, I had no response, I then tried later in the day, no response. I knocked on the door last night and she answered the door, I asked her if she'd got my messages, she said she'd lost her phone.

ARRGGGGGHHHH.

Rant over!!