UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

LOL :laugh: I go away for 5 minutes and you lot have organised me a donkey :laugh:

Well actually if you read carefully I think it was two regular donkeys, one giant one called Ms Ellie and an elderly pony :D

Sorry to hear Wanda is having issues, she has always comes over in your posts as a firey, strong, full of life lady, so its very sad to hear she has lost her spark, hope the physio can make her comfortable and she can enjoy a nice retirement if the time has come for her to hang her dancing shoes up :wub_anim:

Blue sounds like he is going amazing Gooster :biggrin: and now you have your shinny new wheels will you be going out to some dressage soon?

Im sure Milo will be fine with a couple of classes CP, where were you planning on going?

I won't get another horse CRB, I'm 65 and have arthritic problems myself, Wanda and I can discuss symptoms! I'll just turn into a batty old lady :nahnah: (Turn? Tee hee, I'm already there), with a zimmer frame and a fat shetland on a lead rope.

Oh poop I already have the fat shetlands, I'll pop out for the zimmer later on! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Is it BCA this weekend? Loki is still on easy after his antics in the field, physio did a lot with him as was very sore behind and he has been on 10 days walking straight lines only, can start to get going again this weekend then a recheck in a couple of weeks so won't be jumping him before he has been checked again, he feels fine so hoping he will get the all clear, me on the other hand has matchsticks holding open my eyelids this morning after three mornings in a row getting all my jobs done and hacking before 8am :sleeping_02:

Yes at bca on Sunday!

Ah yes I forgot Loki is a wounded soldier! Hope he feels better soon :flowers:

Dad has finally given in to my nagging - he's getting a tow bar fitted on Monday! I'm bidding on.a single trailer on eBay as we speak, it ends soon so will let you know if I win! It's an old one but been recently refurbished, new floor, tyres, paintjob etc :)

Ooh how exciting, congratulations :pinkie:

I've been really bad and given into the temptation and bought a Micklem bridle, have been looking for months for a 2nd hand one to come up but nothing has, my rationale is that it will sell for a good price 2nd hand as loads of people are looking for them if it doesn't suit Loki!

Yaaaaay! How exciting! I was really excited when I got my trailer - just gives you some independence :)

Not thought about any parties with Blue yet - will probably wait until next year now, give him time to build up his muscles again. I also want him to be going as well in my schooling sessions as he does in my lessons - we are getting there, but not quite there yet.

Got my trailer today, really pleased with my eBay bargain!

The floor is new, the chassis is absoloutely solid as a rock, no rust at all. 4 new tyres, rubber mattibg, breast bar...

It's only an old rice single one but there's nothing wrong with it. Now I've got to teach mu dad the art of driving slowly :laugh:

We're off showjumping tomorrow, eek! Milo was full of himself on a hack today so dread to think what he's going to be like tomorrow :laugh: my sister is coming so will get her to film me :)

• Like 1

Cool! Have fun :biggrin:

Had another really good lesson on Blue last night. Have done quite a lot with him this week, 3 schooling sessions and a hack :) In our lesson, Claire got us working with a light seat - not done that before (except from hacking out in the canter). It really got him going forward and balanced - at the end when Claire asked us to walk, I really didn't want him to come back to walk, as the trot he was doing felt amazing! I really do enjoy my lessons with him now :)

• Like 1

I do apologise, I havnt updated you from our jumping outing at the weekend!

The day itself couldn't have been any worse but I'm pleased to say the actual jumping went well! All started to plan, I had everything organised, had been down early in the pitch black to give milo breakfast but it all went wrong after that. I borrowed my friends lorry, loaded it all up, jumped in the drivers side, put the keys in and.....wouldn't start. Had to go home, get jump leads, come back, jumpstart lorry. Off we went to pick milo up, set sat nav on and off we went. Sat nav took us to a farm, we got totally lost and ended up driving round for over an hour. Milo started stamping in frustration (dont blame him!), I ended up flagging down some cyclists who gave me directions. Arrived at the place, they had 10 left to jump in the first class and they said they'd let me jump last if I got ready quickly. In a rush, I dropped all his nice clean tack in the mud, got mud all up my white jodhs, dropped the lorry key in the mud and lost it momentarily, rushed round to the warm up, learnt the 12pm jump course with 2 horses to go and we were in. Amazingly we got round with a refusal at a double but that was it, 9th place!

Walked the second class and the jumps in the jump off bit looked huge so was a bit worried he'd have them down but he had no issue with the height, no poles down at all. We had another refusal at jump 2, a big union jack filler which caught everyone out. It was on a dog leg coming from the first jump which was a spread and just didn't get time between fences to organise him. Anyway he jumped the rest really nicely. No place in that class as there was 50 people on it!

So really pleased, I was worried about his hocks and that he might struggle but he didn't at all. Clever milo :)

I'm on my phone so not sure if this will work, heres my 2 fav photos from the photographer.

http://www.everybodysmile.biz/cgi-bin/public.cgi?form_status=order_image&img=BCA-SUSJ-0216.jpg&anc=p3_0024&ss=216

http://www.everybodysmile.biz/cgi-bin/public.cgi?form_status=order_image&img=BCA-SUSJ-0443.jpg&anc=p5_0059&ss=443

Sounds like a normal show day CP, nothing ever goes right! Good result though with so much trauma and a rush to get ready, good boy Milo.

Wanda continues to chuck new things at me, she is now lame because of a soft foot and has to stay in for a few days! She's borrowed Clumper's stable during the day so she can see the shetlands and hopefully not weave so she confined herself to trashing the stable by dragging all her haylage out and peeing on it, pinging the top out of Clump's hay bar then made a small hole in the back of the stable much bigger by kissing Obe through the gap. I thought she was going to push the panel to the next stable down with her scratching her big butt on it. Naughty horse!

Clumper has no shame, he picked all the wet manky haylage up and ate it before I could get him mucked out!

Sounds like a normal show day CP, nothing ever goes right! Good result though with so much trauma and a rush to get ready, good boy Milo.

Wanda continues to chuck new things at me, she is now lame because of a soft foot and has to stay in for a few days! She's borrowed Clumper's stable during the day so she can see the shetlands and hopefully not weave so she confined herself to trashing the stable by dragging all her haylage out and peeing on it, pinging the top out of Clump's hay bar then made a small hole in the back of the stable much bigger by kissing Obe through the gap. I thought she was going to push the panel to the next stable down with her scratching her big butt on it. Naughty horse!

Clumper has no shame, he picked all the wet manky haylage up and ate it before I could get him mucked out!

Well waste not want not I suppose? :unsure: