UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

If width is the problem then you might find an Icelandic is too wide. Assa certainly felt wide when I was riding although not as wide as my current fat cob but then she was 13.1 so maybe a slightly smaller (or less portly) one would be OK. They are definitely extremely comfortable to ride once you get used to the different gaits and the different riding style.

I would have thought an Arab or Arab x would be a good bet. Am off to google the other one you mentioned as I have never heard of it.

Update! Clumper's owner says I can ride him on a regular basis, how good is that! I do like him and it would save a lot of expense so worth a shot!

Little Banner is very slightly lame so is in her stable for a week on the off chance she is developing laminitis. She hasn't put weight on, I am being very strict about the amount of grass she has has accesss to but she does have cushings so a bit worrying.

Clare, I was thinking of you yesterday. I ended up pole picking at a BE thing in Rackham!

Oh we like to kept the pole pickerupers busy, think yourself lucky we weren't there :laughingsmiley: Did you have a good day?

On that note we did our first BE of the season last weekend at BCA and managed quite a respectable 2 fences down in the sj, flew round the xc clear inside the time but sadly the course or time didn't cause many problems so we weren't able to claw the faults back but 17th out of 40 odd isn't too shabby.

Super photo Clare, 17th out of 40 is not to be sneezed at!

On a very different level I did Banner's agility competition today, it takes ages to put all the stuff out, 5 minutes to film her and ages to put the stuff back. I had to construct a tunnel for this comp, imagine a thin tarp sheet and a brisk wind rippling the sides and trying to lift the whole thing into space! Banner, bless her little cotton socks went through it without a backwards glance! The bottle bank, scary corner and wildly flapping curtain were not problem. Off home to make the film and send it off, good job I watched it through though, I'd missed out the entire weave!!! Thing is it was just after the tunnel, right in my face and I missed it, forgot it, had my head in the clouds or whatever, can't believe I did that!

So on Friday I have to do it all again, arrrrrgh!

Well done Clare :biggrin:

Good girl Banner :)

Blue was fantastic in our lesson on Friday. I came so close to cancelling it, as it was a howling gale, chucking it down and he has lost a front shoe :rolleyes: However I decided to go ahead with the lesson. He was absolutely amazing, because it was chucking it down, he came onto a contact much easier, and was happy to bend away from the wind and rain :laugh: Once the lesson was done, I was absolutely soaked :rolleyes:

Wahoo well done Loki and banner and blue. :D

Well we're all sorted with a new saddle and I can feel the difference already. We've got a busy July, we've got dressage this weekend, am going to do an intro and a prelim as next weekend we are doing a riding club competition and were doing prelim dressage and xc! Then the following weekend we're off on riding club camp for the weekend which I am SO excited about!

If all goes to plan I'm actually considering having a bash at an ODE in August...just a little one :) eek..

Lesson was great, got another one on Monday. Fell off Phoebz today, was only on and warming up, started trotting and half way round arena she stumbled, went down on both knees and onto her face, I flew straight over her head and nose dived too. Both got up slightly shaken but ok. Certainly woke us up.

Aww, sorry you fell off. At least it wasn't anything either of you did - just an accident :flowers: She is a gorgeous mare :wub:

Had an absolutely amazing lesson on Blue today - he was awesome. Claire got her camera out an took some pics, will post them on here when I get them :) I just want to get to a dressage now :)

Thanks, im sure i'll be stiff in the morning but we are both fine. Sure you're on the ground before you know it :rolleyes:

Glad you had good lesson and look forward to seeing the piccies.

My hat did hit the ground today, just right at the front edge where it meets the inside padding.

Question is.....should I replace it :huh:

Its a Gatehouse HS1 skull cap, only about 9 months old.