UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Oh no thats not good poor Blue. As he has been such a star since he came back into work I think I'd be tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt and get his vet out to give him the once over. Hopefully he is just being opinionated though!

My day didn't start well, the pony I turn out in the mornings had pulled his turnout rug down into his bed and it was sporting a very impressive lake of wee, so had to find another rug for him, then went into Loki's stable to discover he had tipped over his big water bucket and flooded his stable, going through crazy amount of shavings as it is, he was not in my good books! It was one of those mornings I wonder why I do it :laughingsmiley:

Oh Blue! Why do they always try to pull a sicknote the minute you enter a competition, Wanda is brilliant at that trick!

Little Lilli is a water chucker too, she has soaked loads of bedding in the last week so her bucket is now in a holder on the wall. She threw the most awesome temper tantrum tonight just because she thought I was a tad late with her tea. Little hooves stamping and banging the door then bouncing round her stable like Tigger! I do like to see my special needs pony misbehaving, it's sort of normal!

Oh Blue! Why do they always try to pull a sicknote the minute you enter a competition, Wanda is brilliant at that trick!

Little Lilli is a water chucker too, she has soaked loads of bedding in the last week so her bucket is now in a holder on the wall. She threw the most awesome temper tantrum tonight just because she thought I was a tad late with her tea. Little hooves stamping and banging the door then bouncing round her stable like Tigger! I do like to see my special needs pony misbehaving, it's sort of normal!

Its cute when they are tiny...not so cute when its half a tonne of TB Stallion demanding his tea....

Banner was being clipped today and I got an anguished phone call from YO Sam! Banner has lice!!!!!!! Lots of them, all over her!!! Sam checked out Lilli and Monty and they have them too! Eeeeeeeeek! Dashed off the shop for louse powder and I now have three dusty white ponies. I think they got them from the chickens, the damned birds sit on Banner's bum, (and sh**)! I'll be grabbing the dear little birdies tomorrow and dipping them in louse powder. To add insult to injury Banner, who is wearing her beautiful new whitney fleece was sat on by muckychuck and the flaming bird pooped on her rug. At the moment I hate chickens, especially the ones that infest and poop on my ponies!

Banner was being clipped today and I got an anguished phone call from YO Sam! Banner has lice!!!!!!! Lots of them, all over her!!! Sam checked out Lilli and Monty and they have them too! Eeeeeeeeek! Dashed off the shop for louse powder and I now have three dusty white ponies. I think they got them from the chickens, the damned birds sit on Banner's bum, (and sh**)! I'll be grabbing the dear little birdies tomorrow and dipping them in louse powder. To add insult to injury Banner, who is wearing her beautiful new whitney fleece was sat on by muckychuck and the flaming bird pooped on her rug. At the moment I hate chickens, especially the ones that infest and poop on my ponies!

Its the time of the year for them...I thought htye had banned louse powder? we used to give all the ponies an annual injection to cover all the nasties

Chickens can be a nightmare - we have a few in our block. Always have to be careful to shut the stable doors when you are making feeds and doing your bed, otherwise they come in and 'help'.

Not managed to ride Blue since Sunday, the track up to the school is just too icy to risk walking him up there :unsure: Not sure whether to pull out of the dressage on Sunday, as I just don't think I am going to get the riding in that we need to before then :unsure:

All the chooks got a makeover tonight, louse and red mite powder, legs sprayed with liquid paraffin and then coated in vaseline. George cockerel had his amazing spurs clipped back, horrid job that! So chooks and ponies are well dusty but hopefully less itchy.

I had to change Banner out of her fleece as it wasn't warm enough and was velcroed to her newly clipped bum, she was not happy! She is now sporting a medium weight turnout rug decorated with skulls and borrowed from Monty. I've just ordered her a cosy pony from Robinsons, I love rug shopping, should have checked with Wanda though, she may have wanted to add some little thing to the order! :biggrin:

Not sure what your weather forecast is Gooster but we have severe warning of snow for Fri and Sat and sounds like most of the country is the same so you may find the decision is made for you :)

I really went off chickens when we were at a yard with them and one of the horses had a wound on its legs and whilst the owners back was turned they had a pecking frenzy at the wound and blood went everywhere and it was really hard to get them away :sick01:

Well, now I can add pony and donkey wrangling to my CV!

Just getting into the car after training last night when a pony suddenly appears behind the trainer Lesley. (We train at Ferring Country Centre which has riding for the disabled.)Cue Lesley and I trying to get these ponies somewhere safe...in the dark....with no torch!

Followed them up the lane, found a field with a gate open so managed to get behind them and pop two into the field, number three (coloured pony) darts past me up the lane again. Back up the lane eventually manage to get behind it and head it, at a canter, back down the lane. A bit of careful herding and we persuaded him into the field.

Lesley called the Centre manager who was going to check we had them all in the right field.

well done Sandra :)

Didn't do the dressage yesterday. Tbh, the roads weren't that bad, so we could have travelled him there safely, however I didn't want to leave it till yesterday to decide, so I emailed them to pull out on Saturday afternoon.

Blue has his physio tomorrow, although we have heavy snow here today, so she may not be able to drive up the hill to the farm.

Blue got the all clear from his physio. She said it is probably all around stiffness as he has been in so much - that does make sense as when he was being amazing he did have more turnout. So hopefully when the weather improves, he will be feeling better and be back to superstar Blue again :)

How's everyone getting on in the snow?

I havnt ridden since sunday before last which is driving me potty, the roads here are absoloutely fine but the forest is like an ice rink!

I was booked in for a jumping lesson on saturday which got cancelled, got a flat lesson booked this Saturday but not sure if it will go ahead.

Temperate set to rise at the weekend so we'll be back to the land of mud. Come on spring!!