UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

I'm a big fan of magnetic rugs/boots CP, Wanda wears boots every night and Sam's Kim uses a rug a lot. I'm convinced they work and Wanda did a test by using stable boots one night and her magnets the next, her legs filled a bit with the stable boots but not at with the magnets and they are on fairly loose!

Sounds good with Loki Clare, I'd be inclined to do the gallops, you could do some interval training maybe? I wish we had some off road riding near us. We do have the beach 10 mins away but it's horrid with deep channels and sink holes, not nice at all.

Why is Banner such a naughty pony? Last night she started yet another ruck in the field gateway, booted Sam's broodmare hard in the front legs just above her knees and then as Sheri went to kill her she whipped out of the way and poor Monty got kicked. Banner is just so bossy and opinionated it's unbelievable, she's 34" inches high and all attitude! I'm going to do some work with her over christmas, maybe take her for a 5 mile walk! :laugh:

What joint supplement did the vet give you CP? I have just started Loki on one but reading up not sure its got the recommended amounts, its a bit of a minefield!

A friend used to use magnetic boots on her oldie horse and they really seemed to help, what a lovely friend to gift you that :biggrin:

Its sooo lucky Banner is only little, better get your walking boots on :laugh:

Think I am leaning towards the hack as we have snow forecast for tomorrow :unsure: so may not end up going anywhere and I don't have to pre-book for there if it all goes pearshaped :rolleyes:

A few years ago, I used to look after a lovely Sec D broodmare. She wasn't mine, but the yard owner allowed me to treat her as if she was. After about 6 months, things went a bit 'peculiar' and I had to stop going to the yard :mecry:

Today, somebody posted a pic of her mare on a FB group I belong to - and it's her! She's 19 now, and looking very well (they've had her nearly a year, but it looks like she was in very poor condition when she arrived with them)

WOW four hundred pages spanning five years! Vicarious horse ownership at it's best, for some of us anyway. Someone should make a book out of this thread :biggrin:

Would be lovely to have an update on some people/horses though .. Bradders and Rolo, Mist and Cueva and of course Jackysian and Kane.

I still speak to Jacky and Jenny (bradders) on Facebook, love reading about their latest exploits!!

Had a lovely lesson on Blue on Friday. He was an absolute star :biggrin: He just seems to know his job now, and riding him gets easier every week :)

:laugh: at Banner, I can definitely see you guys doing pony agility.

Hope your friends colicing horse is feeling better now :flowers:

I think there always has to be an alterior motive when it come to getting people to poo-pick :laugh:

Glad the mare has found herself in a good home now :wub:

Good boy Blue :biggrin:

I ended up going no where this weekend, too icy in the mornings so had a little grid jumping session yesterday afternoon and now waiting for ground to defrost to go for a hack. Best laid plans and all that :laugh:

Still speak to Bradders and Jackysian on Facebook, they are doing well :biggrin:

Milo has obviously been talking to Loki - he came in without a shoe on Sunday evening :angry: Hes never lost a shoe in his life!! I wouldve murdered him but fortunately for his sake the yard farrier comes every Monday so he only had to wait a day to have it replaced. If he'd done that on Thursday I really wouldve murdered him :laugh:

I CAN RIDE ON FRIDAY WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :biggrin:

Oh dear norty Milo :laugh: Ground conditions are perfect for it unfortuantly :rolleyes:

Glad colicy girl is ok, hope they get to the bottom of what is going on :flowers:

Slight difference of opinion but today or tomorrow is the short day, onwards and upwards from now :biggrin:

Norty Milo :laugh:

Even though we have our wonderful carrier back, I can see that his reliability hasn't improved :rolleyes: He cancelled on Thursday because of the weather, rescheduled for Momday, but didn't show up :rolleyes: Thankfully as I don't have to be there anymore, he can come whenever!

:wacko:

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :laugh: No computer for ages :mecry: its been awful

Will read back but hope all ok, just wanted to say hi first. My herd are fine at the moment, Annies been teaching Fern to pace up and down merrily ploughing the field if i'm late :rolleyes: However my friend lost her lovely old mare to colic the other day, i looked after Bertha for several months a few years back after her owner fractured her neck. So sad :mecry: