UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

We are going to look at a second horse tomorrow :ph34r_anim:

Not sure if I have mentioned, but my husband....who never wanted to ride......has started to have lessons on Feniks. So with all four of us wanting to ride, we have decided to get another.

This horse is a mare, 11 years old black and 16.3 hh.

Will let you know more about her tomorrow :cool:

Good luck with seeing the new horse :)

Another bad day yesterday :( Went up to stables at 4pm to start bringing in etc and discovered that someone had taken part of Bumbles fencing down allowing him on rich green grass :mecry: Hes on a fairly bare patch as hes laminitic and gets turned out with a haynet and no grass. As his haynet was still full it happened very soon after i'd put him out in the morning, so hed probably had about 8hrs of gorging :mecry: The section of fencing was laid neatly on the ground and had obviously been placed there. The police are now investigating . Bumble was huge like he'd been inflated with an air pump and instead of normal gut sounds you could hear a almost hissing noise instead. By doing alternate walking and resting we managed to avoid collic but i was with him until early hours of this morning till i knew he was safe. Now we just have to wait and see if laminitis is next and to be honest it'll be a miracle if he doesn't get it :mecry: After his last bad bout of lammi only 4 months ago the vets warned me another bad bout could be the end of him or will at the least see him permanently retired, the latter i can handle .Hes quite bright and cheeful today and back to normal poos instead of slushy cow pats so its now just wait and see :( I've recently had a falling out with one of the other liveries whos quite vindictive and has mental health problems and a lot of my stuff has moved about or gone missing since then and funnily enough apparently she came out of Bumbles field just after i'd left yesterday. I may be jumping to conclusions but i'd never sink so low as to take things out on an animal especially one that has health problems so now it looks like i need to find a new yard to move Bumble to :(

Unbelievable :ohmy: :( :mad: :GroupHug: Does seem a heck of a coincidence doesn't it :(.

Thank goodness you went back in the afternoon, you've done more than your share of horse saving this week :GroupHug:

Really glad he's ok so far and absolutely everything crossed you got there in time to prevent any more changes in his feet.

You must be completely frazzled and ready to drop. Hope you have some kind allies on the yard who'll do some extra looking out for you. xx.

Poor Bumble - hope he is OK. :GroupHug: Maybe it was some misguided member of the public? I would hate to think that anyone would do that on purpose.

How was the mare Angel?

Nemo is still living in blissful ignorance of his impending divorce :) It will probably happen next weekend.

Have just started putting Walnut Bach flower remedy in his feed in the hope that it will help.

She looks lovely Angel :biggrin: Fingers crossed for the vetting :elefant: :flowers:

I hope Bumble is okay :GroupHug: :GroupHug: That lady sounds like she is not safe to have around :(

Look forward to hearing about the new welsie, don't forget your camera K9 :D

Good hear Duke is feeling better :flowers:

Beautiful girl :wub: Angel

Bumbles doing well, no sign of lammi as yet and his feet are cool with no heat or soreness. I reckon both Baldrick and Bumble have their guardian angels working flat out this week :laugh: I know Bumbles not out of the woods yet but so far so good. I've tackled yard owner and he wants me to keep quiet as he doesn't want this woman upset [his ex wife] :wacko:he atucally got quite nasty even though he admitted hes positive shes behind all the problems so despite the ongoing problems shes causing shes to get away with everything. It'll backfire on him though as i'm looking for stables and 2 livery owners have said they'll move with me if we find suitable premises. We all strongly feel that if our horses safety is at risk there is no option if he wants to bury his head in the sand[and hopefully suffocate :laugh: ]

Edited by collies r best

Just spent a wonderful day with Sarah H learning about Natural Horsemanship and how to work with Pops little jogging issue.

Totally brilliant, and Sarah is a fabulous teacher. Thanks to Reds for being the demo rider. :)

Thank you for coming over and spending time with us Sarah, we really appreciate it. :) You are a star!

Lady T sends a naughty shifty look, and Pops sends a snuffle.

Ditto!!! I went expecting it to be 'interesting' and was totally amazed within about 5 minutes! It just makes such total sense, I still can't quite believe I have been in the dark for so long. Thank you so much to both Sarah's for the opportunity to be there, I count myself lucky and I already feel like I've learnt so much.

Hope you get the land sorted Sarah H because you are bound to have a big success on your hands there. I'll definitely be booking myself in with you just as soon as I can. For Squeak as well! Thoroughly recommend it (and Sarah :wink: ) to anybody.

Angel, everything crossed for the vetting, she looks lovely. You must be very nervously excited!

Really really pleased Bumble seems to have gotten away with his tummy stuff. I can imagine some of the worry it must have put you through. You deserve a very quiet and incident free few weeks now. Hope you find somewhere else near by.

Still thinking of Nemo's separation :wub: :GroupHug:

Glad Bumble is doing ok, lami is horrid and having had some 'woman' move her known lami horse to fresh pasture and then wonder why hes got it again. Bumble is lucky to have you care so much!

Ah thanks Sarah and Lindsey, :flowers:

Its a little daunting starting a totally new way of working with horses. And I was huge skeptic of Horsemanship when I first saw it, now there really is no other way for me. So am pleased you both learnt from it, and hopefully can help each other now.

I now need to crack on with my website and everything else to get things up and running. :happy:

The stables are proper stables as well

I've been met by the same sight once, not fun! Glad he is alright.

I've recently had a falling out with one of the other liveries whos quite vindictive and has mental health problems and a lot of my stuff has moved about or gone missing since then and funnily enough apparently she came out of Bumbles field just after i'd left yesterday

:ohmy: scary! Hope Bumble is still good.

Angel, fingers crossed her for the vetting, she looks lovely!

Glad Bumble is ok after his feast and I hope Nemo doesn't get too distressed.

Sam and I went to Derby House today on the way to the saddle fitter, 2 hours in the shop would be fine wouldn't it? :unsure: Err, three hours later we were still there, Wanda bought some new reins as we are not impressed with Carl Hester flexi reins, (poo quality as well), she also bought some royal blue polo bandages and a turnout rug. She doesn't actually need the rug at the moment but it was a bargain at half price and won't hurt in the cupboard. Sam bought a foalie turnout as Finn has grown out of two already, and shocking multicoloured fleece for Monty the shetland who is orange so it will look awful on him but at £13 with travel boots and a tail guard it was cheap! A right good spend was had by all!

We went for lunch in the cafe and got talking to the folk next to us as you do and they asked Sam how many horses she had and nearly fainted when she said 7! :laugh: Then they said 'do you want another'? Err what we thought, apparently they had a 22 year old Darty with arthritis who 'just needs a home to live her life out, she's free, has been a cracking pony for us'! How shocking to want to dump the poor old pony at her age and with health problems after she'd done her best for them. I felt like telling them to have her put to sleep, not pass her around like a parcel. Now I feel like I should have taken her just to give the poor little soul a home! :(