UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

:wub: Oh I'm another fan of Fells (but too big to ride them!! :( )

Well done Jayne, was just chatting to Katherine yesterday about how you were getting on! That's very brave of you, I know what it takes to overcome the nerves.

Love the pictures :laugh: :laugh: I'm usually the first on a canter on the beaches (Kane can't help himself) so don't get mucky but yesterday we hacked on a ride that has a long grass track to canter on and I kept him at the back cos the other horses are faster....so had a similar look to you!! :rolleyes:

Brilliant muddy pics Phoenix, I would so love to be able to leap on Wanda (well stagger on off the wall) and canter off into the distance!

Hugs to Loki and Feniks, the poorly boys. I hope they are feeling better!

I've had my MRI scan, 24th December in the end. After avoiding exposing my rear view to all and sundry, i.e. prison officers and prisoner who were lurking in the changing room sporting chains and handcuffs, I got in for scan. (Why don't those bloody silly gowns have backs in them)? Radiographer tried to force my knee into a clamp thingy and it wouldn't go because it doesn't straighten out, she seemed particularly affronted by this problem and had to arrange something different. I thought bent and mangled bits were why people had scans so I'm sure I was not that unusual! Well it's done now and now have to hassle the consultant for the result! :unsure:

I was so stupid this afternoon :rolleyes: Rode Feniks in the indoor school (nothing too strenuous) as we we walking at the end my friend Michelle was coming towards me so I moved over so we could pass left to left. Had Feniks on a long rein and obviously never got over enough. We clashed legs but Michelle brought hers up so knees didn't bang. Her spur strap buckle caught my knee and ripped my jodhs. Wasn't until I started to feel pain that I realised it had ripped my knee too :rolleyes: Tried my hardest not to let anyone see me cry :mecry:

Going to have a nice bruise tomorrow

maybe suitable for manky body parts thread ;)

Phoenix those photos are hilarious!

Well done Gooster - I have been pootling around the school on Rolo for the first time in ages, so I can imagine how you feel. I am determined that we should get our act together in 2008 - although we got off to a bad start - got up the yard and it was lashing down (I am a bit of a fair weather rider :rolleyes: ), so decided to put the second application of pig oil and sulphur on his legs instead (seems to be doing the trick - no more mites, mud comes off easily, and the really sore scabby bit seems to be getting better :) ). He was a bit of a pillock the first time I applied it - in the end I had to get someone to hold him and bribe him with carrots when I was doing his bad leg - but we managed all 4 today, with only one major sulk, where he took himself to the back of the stable - I just stayed by his haynet - I knew he would come back eventualy!! :rolleyes:

He looks so much more balanced with his legs unclipped - I think he could look quite eyecatching with full feathers - but I am biaised! :D

I am still unhappy with my saddle - in fairness, he seems quite happy in it now, but I find it very wide and I feel unsafe in it - I tried it with the hip saver, but felt really uncomfortable, so will try it with just a normal seatsaver next time. Have started to scour Ebay for Barefoot treeless saddles again.

How is Loki doing Clare? Are you pleased with the Albion?

Sorry about your knee Angel - I thought you were going to say that one of them spooked when you collided! Hope it is not too sore.

Hope you get your knee scan results soon - scanning sounds like it was fun!!

just reported a horse to the RSPCA. Am so glad i didnt get through the interview stages for the job of an inspector - was in tears just seeing this horse!

Was walking phoenix yesterday and came across a coloured cob youngster lying down. Went to say hello and it got up, leaning awfully on heels. He tried to move and couldnt so lay down again. Went again this morning and the horse was lying in the same place. when he got up he tried to turn round and nearly fell over so lay down again flat out.

Not sure who the horse belongs to. we know the people whose house is nearest to the field and its not theirs. There is a field further up with about 20 coloured cobs in near the road so i dont know if they have put this horse away from the road so no one will see it. It is so so lame i wouldnt be surprised if it had to be pts looks severly laminitic. poor horse. Waiting for RSPCA inspector to ring me back as i imagine they wont find the field following the rubbish directions i gave :rolleyes:

so worried with the cold weather coming in that lying down in the same place will mean it gets very cold quickly. He is a hairy cob but is unrugged which obviously isnt a problem normally but if hes not moving.... :mecry:

RSPCA inspector rang me back. The horse is known to them and apparantly the owner is working with the vet to try and keep the pony going. Surely it should be stabled though - its feet look slightly overgrown certainly doesnt look like pony has seen farrier recently. The inspector is going to contact the owner again and go out to the field but thinks the pony will need to be pts :(

Edited by phoenix21