UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Blue went back out in the field today :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: He's still got a bit of bruising, but isn't lame anymore! Am going to start working him again at the beginning of next week. K has got a dressage on Apps a week on Friday so we are going to take Blue and ride him in the warm up arena (hopefully!!)

Woohoo for Wanda. :biggrin: Definately need to get you fixed next. :flowers:

Glad Blue is looking better. :GroupHug:

Soooo jealous of all the events you get to go to Sandra. Hope you have a brilliant day today...and take some piccy's for us poor sods that live at the wrong end of the country. :biggrin:

Edited by JACKYSIAN

Glad Blue is on the mend :flowers:

Hope all the lucky people going to Olympia had a nice time :biggrin:

Saddler coming tomorrow, so keeping fingers crossed he will have something that fits and I might get some riding in over the Christmas hols :rolleyes:

So as we come to the end of the year how about a highlight and low point of 2007 and what our targets are for 2008?

Here's mine:

Highlight of 2007 was taking Loki out to his first party away from home, it was an issue in my head and I was very pleased to get it done with, and of course he was much better behaved than I feared :rolleyes: and I have just realised I did it twice so feeling even better about it now :laugh:

Low point of 2007 would be the tooth saga, seeing him so distressed in hospital and the state he came home in :mecry:

2008 - To get to grips with our cantering, and progress the jumping, and depending on the first two maybe to do some XC schooling :biggrin:

:biggrin: Great Idea Clare.

Highlight Building on and massively improving my bond with Kane. Hacking out alone. Learning that Kane has a big jump (too big when he jumped out of the field!!! :ohmy: ) and that he really enjoys it. Bringing on the foals, and seeing how much our actions and behaviour influences them.

Lowlight Kane throwing me and bolting home early in the year while out alone, sending me into a major period of panic attacks and nearly giving up. His subsequent behaviour deteriating to such a point that I sat down and cried (not something I do easily!) Although could be a highlight because it prompted me to get help, and discover the way to handle him.

Loosing Barney, :mecry: . Broke my heart to have to say goodbye to such a wonderful little man, so young and so much to give.

2008 : XC!!! Hunting! :ohmy: Le Trek and just doing more with the fantastic horse I'm previledged to be able to call my own. Everyday I can't believe my luck that he's with me. :biggrin: :wub:

:biggrin: Had a great time last night! I did take pics but as I didn't get in till nearly 1am you will have to wait till I upload them tonight :flowers:

Was thinking about you Clare as I wandered through stalls full of saddles :laugh:

Highlight Getting back to riding

Lowlight Falling off

2008 Getting back to riding (again) and visiting Angelsey :wink: