UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Hello! wow lots of news to catch up on - nice to see pics of nemo - he is stunning and of course rolo :wub:

as am not working at stables any more, dont have much news :( Although had riding lesson today - have been given a prelim dressage test to learn for next week eekk not easy when dont have a horse to practise on....had good lesson though was riding in instructors dressage saddle and seatsaver so cantering was bliss!!!!

Hello! wow lots of news to catch up on - nice to see pics of nemo - he is stunning and of course rolo :wub:

as am not working at stables any more, dont have much news :( Although had riding lesson today - have been given a prelim dressage test to learn for next week eekk not easy when dont have a horse to practise on....had good lesson though was riding in instructors dressage saddle and seatsaver so cantering was bliss!!!!

Didn't know you'd left the stables? What you doing now? And when you getting your own horse then!!??? :biggrin: :biggrin:

i've got a job up in glasgow related to my degree (environ science) but only working up there 3 days a week and down here the rest of the time until i finish my dissertation at end of august.....so still getting riding lessons at my old boss' house for now thank god!! am missing riding and working outside so much!!! am stuck in an office now :(

Jacky - I wish i could get my own horse!- still looking for the millionaire boyf to pay for it......i have mortgage and bills to pay for soon on my own so its going to be hard to get to ride at all..need to find a cheap sharer me thinks when i get settled.

ooo just noticed foal pics!! wow they are looking soo good, am lovin the little tiny one, bless.

Edited by phoenix21

aww foalies look well :wub:

Didnt ride today. Had 90mm of rain here. Managed to get to the yard but instructor wasnt there. Water gushing off the sides of the indoor school as gutters couldnt cope and it was so noisy.

So just mucked out and poo picked the field. Took me an hour to negotiate a 15 minute return journey.

YO says still very stiff in her neck and is being bolshy to lead, can't get the physio until 30th! :unsure: So Wanda is doing nothing until Monday then we will have a natter, I may put her on bute for a day or two to see if it helps and/or have the vets out. The 30th is really a bit too far away to wait and do nothing, poor Wanda! :wub: Why am I saying poor Wanda, she thinks it's great as long as she's left to stuff her face and kip in the stable! :biggrin:

Hope Wanda is better soon :GroupHug:

my boss is away for the weekend, and instead of ringing all the neighbours for help to get mares/foals in and out (like I was asked to lol) I have managed by myself. I hate relying on other people, especially when it is not for my own animals. I must say the foals have behaved remarkably well for the circumstances! :biggrin:

Tomorrow is the big day - regional finals on the Apple :wacko: I'm not expecting to come anywhere cos he tends to go a bit mad when he hasn't been out competing for a while - and we havn't been since we qualified for this back in April!!!

Will hopefully be a good day anyway - hope the weather improves a bit for us, its in an outdoor school so won't be as bad as if it was on grass I hope :worried_anim:

I am currently uploading a couple of pics of him onto photobucket for you all to see (and see how bad his conformation really is!!!) - and I will get Jayne to take her camera with us tomorrow so you can see him working and looking all smart :wub_anim:

Back in a min with piccies