UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Oooh lovely photos (Hint hint Jacky and Mist :glare: )

Kai is looking great, all grown up looking, she is very pretty :wub:

Oh my I think I am love with Pesata {swoon} :wub:

Went to see Loki today, both I and OH was so shocked by his appearance, I cried when I saw him :mecry:

He looks like an rescue case, hips bones and spine sticking out, eyes sunk back into the sockets and red looking. I don't know what to think :( He was so subdued standing tied up whilst he was mucked out he didn't even really register we were there to start with, or he was giving me the cold shoulder for doing this to him :rolleyes: After 30 minutes of scratching his itchy spot he was a bit more communicative, but as he was lead away to his stable he had his head down very quiet.

He is eating and drinking and his temperature is normal, so hopefully he just needs to come home to some TLC :unsure:

I have gone to the yard today and collected his grooming kit so going to give him a nice groom. We got there at 8.30 this morning and had to leave at 9.10, really didn't want to leave him :(

Anyway enough gloom from me, I hope everyone is having a lovely time with their horses and making the most of the lovely weather and extra time off :biggrin:

Poor Loki, he must be feeling pretty low :GroupHug:

Any idea when he can come home :unsure:

MilliesMum, enjoy your ride in Chopwell Woods this weekend, Kai is beautiful :flowers:

I used to keep Domino on a lovely yard right on the edge of the woods, with direct access. We were there for about 4 years and there are so many lovely tracks we didn't come out of the woods for about 3 years :laugh:

Any idea when he can come home :unsure:

Fingers crossed he should be able to come home on Tuesday but I won't know until Tuesday morning :)

I am so pleased to say he seemed brighter today. The groom said she noticed a difference in him when she went back last night, she put it down to having a visit from his mum, but either way I am just glad he wasn't such a sorry state.

I managed to get my brain in gear today and asked some questions and was pleased to hear he is not on any painkillers, so the fact he is eating and drinking must mean he is feeling better, I though the lump had gone down since yesterday too. So I am hopeful he can come home Tuesday. Not going to be able to see him tomorrow as I have to groom for a friend at Larkhill ODE, but have arranged to see him on Monday :)

Took some pictures of him today so I can compare his weight over the next few weeks, I am sure once he is out in the field with his mates he will strengthen up in no time.

Loki says thank you very much for all your kind messages and well wishes :flowers:

My poor skinny boy :(

At%20Vets1.jpg

At%20vets.jpg

Fingers crossed he should be able to come home on Tuesday but I won't know until Tuesday morning :)

I am so pleased to say he seemed brighter today. The groom said she noticed a difference in him when she went back last night, she put it down to having a visit from his mum, but either way I am just glad he wasn't such a sorry state.

I managed to get my brain in gear today and asked some questions and was pleased to hear he is not on any painkillers, so the fact he is eating and drinking must mean he is feeling better, I though the lump had gone down since yesterday too. So I am hopeful he can come home Tuesday. Not going to be able to see him tomorrow as I have to groom for a friend at Larkhill ODE, but have arranged to see him on Monday :)

Took some pictures of him today so I can compare his weight over the next few weeks, I am sure once he is out in the field with his mates he will strengthen up in no time.

Loki says thank you very much for all your kind messages and well wishes :flowers:

My poor skinny boy :(

At%20Vets1.jpg

At%20vets.jpg

Bless him, glad he's obviously feeling a lot better and let's hope he's home with you soon :flowers:

After our successful hack yesterday, Sue schooled Finn today. He's on his forehand and needs to learn to use his back and quarters properly but otherwise he was an angel :wub: So far, I can't praise him enough. :)

638fed5fa04da1649a4289db1ec8429e.JPG

Lovely photos everyone - nice to see Finn looking so settled. :) Loved the comedy fall Phoenix - one of the reasons I don't do bareback!! :laugh:

Poor Loki - looks like things are on the up tho Clare - just keep being positive - I am sure that he will soon be as right as rain.

Kai looks superb - a beautiful setting too.

Not a lot to report form me - Rolo is full of the joys of spring and we are back to having brake failure again! :laugh: Nothing major, but a bit annoying! He was an absolute star on Friday - went out wiith my friend whose horse was in a foul mood - he was being a horror, and it culminated in her growling at him and using her stick - had no effect on her horse but Rolo was off! :laugh: He did calm down and then was a little saint on the rest of the ride - closed 3 gates too, bless him - one of them is a tricky one too - was very pleased with him. (It's the little things! :laugh: )

Everyone was out yesterday so we went in the school on our own - and we had a little canter - well, I say little, his canter is huge!!! :laugh: It is quite unnerving - 5 strides and you are down the other end of the school!! :) Think he is going to take a bit of getting used to!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

I hope Loki can come home soon for some tlc, Clare.

am looking forward to meeting Finn tomorrow! :biggrin: Esp if the weather remains like this.

Am just nagging Ben to look for rugs when he goes to the yard later, so will let you know Di.

Easta is in for her MRI next week so we will know what the diagnosis is hopefully. If its 18 months off I think I will put her in foal as I've wanted to since she was 3 but her competing never gave me chance to give her 18 months off. But now maybe I can, I've got a stallion in mind already in Germany. :rolleyes:

nice to hear everyones news - rolo seems like a fun kinda horse :wink: good luck with the mri sarah

took lola lead on the advanced today - am amazed how quick that horse learns - she cantered first time in the school then out on the ride she was great. However she did part of the route yesterday and has already learnt its fun to canter along the old railway line bridleway and not fun having to wait for people behind first. she was pawing at the ground, going backwards, doing little rears but as soon as we set off she did a lovely steady canter - such a good girly :wub: Then took rupert, a new horse, out on the hour, who pulled my arms out and is annoyingly clingy with another horse so gets really worked up when they are separated - pain in the bum :angry:

Edited by phoenix21

Sound like Lola is doing really well :biggrin: and Geronimo is so cute :rolleyes:

We we don't have any picture from the fun ride unfortunately. To cut a very long story short. The person I was going with refused to travel her pony with Kai because Kai was squeling a bit and stamping her feet, she has never been agressive to another horse she was just excited. So ended up boxing Kai first, Kai didnt want to go in bcuase her fiend wasn't int the box. It should have taken 20mins to get pony, but it took an hour to load her pony. Mean time Kai had a awfle drive over because she just left her new friend. While wanting she stood on my foot 3 times, bashed me in the head a few times (I had my hat on!) and was having a fit. Got rescued by lovely chap whos horse was out on the ride.

Survived until the river, Kai has an issue with people standing there where they shouldn't be saw the people there and the water did a 180 and bolted across the field with me handing on for dear life!! :mellow: We then asked for a lead from the pony but instead of going slowly through the water she walked stright through, Kai didn't get a chance to look at the water or deicded if she was or wasn't going in, so now she is other side from pony and has a complete fit. They tried to lead her through but she bucked, as she was stood down hill on the bank I went into orbit and end up sat on her neck. :rolleyes: So we went a different way round.

All remained calm until it came to the trip home. She refused to put her pony in with Kai again. So my suggestion that my OH and I take Kai home and they he brings the box back to pick her up, while I walk Kai back to the field, thinking this would save her from standing around waiting even longer and that there were plenty of people there to help and that I was 5 mins in the car up the road if they needed me, went down like a lead ballon, insisted I came back too. I had also said that if for some reason we could get one of the horses in the box it was hackable back if neccessary, I then get accuse of dumping her and her pony there in the woods and refusing to help to get them home. :angry: Needless to say we will be going on our own next time!! It has put Kai's boxing way back so we are going to have to redo alot of the work we have done inthe past couple of weeks.

Once we'd done dogs and horses got home 4.30, we hadn't eaten all day so had dinner, just as we finised and got phone call to say friends drain is blocked, I went to pick up rods for her and ended up down there until 8.30 you should have seen or rather smelt the state of me. Her whole yard was under several inches of sewage water. It was worth every second however when the my friend forgot about the drain and fell straight down it, waste deep in sewer water!! :biggrin:

What an thoughtless person your riding companion sounded MilliesMum :angry:

Sometimes when I hack in a group I end up thinking it is so much easier when you go alone :rolleyes: I hope the experience hasn't undone all your hard work :flowers: Sounds like some of the day was a sucess :)

Geronimo is lovely, he is going to be a big chap :wub:

Norty Rolo where have your breaks gone :laugh: :wub:

So is it normal to be less nervous on a hack instead of the school? I went on a lovely hack today, just the three people inc ride leader, lovely route up the Downs and through some woods. It was such a nice sunny day, perfect riding weather.

I was on Lily (the grey pictured previously) who, in the school, has a bad habit of pulling her head down sharply, on the hack she didn't do it at all and we did some nice trots and canters. I felt less nervous cantering in the woods than I did in the school, I'm not sure that it's because I didn't have to worry about corners etc, but hey there you go. :flowers:

aww geronimo :wub: sorry you had a pants day milliesmum - doesnt sound like the other pony owner was very helpful at all :angry:

lol @ angel - i want my own horse as well but make do with the ones at work for now. Its going to be rubbish when i move jobs am going to get serious riding withdrawals :(

lol @ angel - i want my own horse as well but make do with the ones at work for now. Its going to be rubbish when i move jobs am going to get serious riding withdrawals :(

I know what you mean, I used to work at the saddle club when we were in Cyprus, shite pay but I loved it. I miss them all, even the stroppy ones.