UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Took Gyp To The Vet Today

boosboss

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked Gyp up from the vet today, although she was feeling a little sorry for herself (painkillers doing their job :rolleyes: ), she was very happy to be getting out of there.

She's being a very good girl and not bothering her wound :love:

This may be better placed in the manky parts thread :laugh:

100_1987.jpg

We went to see Gyp today and despite her telling Boo off a couple of times for leaving her at my sisters :laugh:, she was very pleased to see us. Her recovery is going very well, she managed to put her foot down for the first time today :) and is generally in very good spirits. She has been a little naughty over the last couple of days though, wanting to go upstairs and get on the furniture, but is happy to stay in her chavtastic duveted crate too :)

-2.jpg

We went to visit the patient today and I'm sure the healing thoughts and reiki are helping, so thankyou very much for those.

Gyp's doing very well and is losing weight too, she's starting to look younger :)

joe008.jpg

joe009.jpg

joe001.jpg

joe002.jpg

Not leaving out Boo :)

joe006.jpg

joe007.jpg

Gyp got her stitches out today and the vet is very pleased with her progress. :) She also got weighed again :biggrin: In november Gyp weighed

kilos, today she weighed in at

:elefant: I just know I'm gonna have a job keeping that weight off :ninja: Permission to berate me granted if her weight goes up :whistle:

On a side note; The total cost of the operation and medication etc, came in at £1117.00, thank doG for insurance :)

Gyp got her stitches out today and the vet is very pleased with her progress. :) She also got weighed again :biggrin: In november Gyp weighed

kilos, today she weighed in at

:elefant: I just know I'm gonna have a job keeping that weight off :ninja: Permission to berate me granted if her weight goes up :whistle:

Well done on the weight reduction so far. :flowers:

Just remind yourself how much better she must feel, being lighter; less weight to carry around on her poorly leg.

She looks lovely. :wub:

• 2 months later...

Well, after a long recovery period..(9 1/2 weeks)....not without a mishap :unsure: (Gyp managed to knock her knee a couple of weeks ago causing her to limp again) Gyp came home yesterday :elefant: So now we're back to a full house, Boo's happier than he has been, Gyp's happy to be home and I'm over the moon to have my little girl back :love:

Edited by boosboss

• 10 months later...

Remember this thread?

Well, Gyp has been plagued with problems in the form of sporadic limping. She had a second operation last october which resulted in the removal of the cruciate suture and an xray later last year which proved inconclusive, but with rest her limp eased. Then it'd flare up again, more rest and it'd ease again. The vet suspected a miniscus problem, but was unwilling to investigate further as it would involve another operation. However, the limp flared up again and despite strict rest there was no improvement. So she had another set of xrays today and they showed extreme arthritis in the joint. The vet was surprised by the agression of the arthritis, but at least it's not the miniscus. Gyp will be starting a course of carthegen injections or something like that next week and then weekly for four weeks, plus repeat doses every six months as well as having blood tests for liver & kidney checks at six month periods too (something to do with Rymadil usage). Poor Gyp :( but at least we've got a definative diagnosis and it's not the worst case scenario :) So now the future is looking brighter, even if it needs to be a little quieter :rolleyes: I'm having to reduce the daily dog walks from 2 1/2 - 3 hrs (of combined daily exercise) down to about an hour and a half (again combined) which will please Boo no end! That boy doesn't even like getting off of the sofa some days :laugh: I can see myself getting a little fatter too :rolleyes: another reason for the marathon I guess :glare: