UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Took Gyp To The Vet Today

boosboss

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loads of Reiki on the way.

Thought that occurred to me if her pad is inflamed it's possible she's got a wee something in it - skelf, thorn or something. Homeopathic Silicea 30c, one tablet 3 times daily for a few days would eject anything that's in there.

Thanks for all the healing thoughts and Reiki :flowers:

Loads of Reiki on the way.

Thought that occurred to me if her pad is inflamed it's possible she's got a wee something in it - skelf, thorn or something. Homeopathic Silicea 30c, one tablet 3 times daily for a few days would eject anything that's in there.

There was some fraying of the main pad, so it looks like an impact injury, but I'm keeping an eye on it. Thanks for all the advice

Funny thing is, that it's bothering me more than Gyp :wacko:

• 3 months later...

Resurecting this one! Gyp started limping again in exactly the same way as before, so it was back to the vets and today she has to go for an xray. Vet suspects it may be a partial torn cruciate ligament :unsure: If it is, it'll be treated as if it were a complete tear, so fingers crossed it something less sinister.

Resurecting this one! Gyp started limping again in exactly the same way as before, so it was back to the vets and today she has to go for an xray. Vet suspects it may be a partial torn cruciate ligament :unsure: If it is, it'll be treated as if it were a complete tear, so fingers crossed it something less sinister.

Oh no. :( Fingers crossed it isn't.

Please let us know the Xray results. :GroupHug: For you both

Kazz xx

Both Gracie's crucial ligaments have gone, one partly the other completely, her vet things she came with both of them partly gone but now one has gone completely it has shown up. Gracie has always had a funny movement of her back legs and the vets thought it was arthritis, which she also has but she was referred to an orthopedic vet who spotted the ligaments had gone.

As Gracie is about 14/15 years young she is not being operated on, it would mean both ligaments and at least 6 months complete rest and she may not have 6 months. She is being treated with painkillers, rest and controlled exercise and she is happy and full of life, too full of life at times, :laugh: I still find her on the windowledge.

Gyp is a young dog, if he does have to be operated on, and I hope he doesn't, he will still have a full and active life once he has recovered. :GroupHug:

Thanks for all the positive thoughts. Unfortunately there is a partial tear to the cruciate ligament and the vet favours operating, as the likelyhood is that a full tear would eventually develop. Also, the xrays showed some hip displacsia (sp) (vet not worried about that) and some arthritis on the knee joint. So we've got lots of Rimadyl and Glucosamine and will be booking Gyp in for op late next week/early following week. Gyp not very happy this evening, feeling very sorry herself :sad02: Getting lots of cuddles. :)