UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gdog

Wendbert

I never wanted to have to post this thread for you, because I couldn't have imagined a time without you. My bestest friend, my soppy, big hearted senior Guinness, my Gdog :wub: :(

SunnyG.jpg

We met on 15th August 1999 when you were at the RSPCA Bath Cats & Dogs Home. For me it was love at first sight; for you, I suspect the plentyful supply of Bonio's helped win you round. We hugged, we walked, we played ball and I reserved you. Two days later, I went back to visit and brought you home. That day changed my life, so much for the better.

Gdogcloseup.jpg

You learned to love the bunnies and everyone who came to our home was a welcome visitor, to be licked, bought a toy and encouraged to make a fuss of you. We had different adventures, we went on holiday, you loved coming to the pub or just visiting friends and family.

BeanGdog.jpg

You had some health problems - a skin condition caused by an allergy, a slow digestive system but you always carried on, unphased. Last year you welcomed Poppy into our home, gave her some of your confidence and helped her to realise life could be good, could be fun and best of all, could be filled with love.

Pic12.jpg

Later in the year you were diagnosed with Laryngeal Paralysis and I didn't think we'd have much longer together. Your breathing was not good, you couldn't walk so far and too much excitement left you struggling for breath. I treasured you more than ever, being grateful for every day we had. Although not really looking for a 3rd dog, we found Bumpy and you decided that about from being a bit grumpy, he was an ok kind of dog, and you made him feel at home too, not minding when he knocked in to you or upended you when he walked under you.

jake5.jpg

I never thought you would be with me as long as you were and in August you celebrated your 15th birthday in style with friends...

DSCF1927.jpg

As the year wore on, you seemed to age even more and sadly and suddenly, after a short illness we had to be parted on Friday 23rd December 2005 at 5.10pm

So, my darling boy, I am not writing about you to bid you farewell, but to celebrate the time we had together, the time I feel privileged to have had with you my very special Gdog. By sending me the stars I know you will always be near me, so for now, I will wish you happy dozing in the sunny spot :wub:

DSCF2778.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by WendyGdog

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night night Gdog. You were (and are still) much loved by all who knew you whether or not we met you in person. Many of us came to know you only thro your Mum's posts and it was always evident how much love she had for you in her heart.

Sleep tight big boy. May your star always shine bright :wub:

Marion

Guiness I had the honour of meeting you many times. I still remember the very first time a couple of years ago at the Swindon fun dog show where you and poppy and your mum were sitting in the shade and Snatchy and me came for a chat. You were straight away the big loving dog that made Snatch feel comfortable and happy around you.

We met since then many times and you were always the big soft boy that your mum and many of us remember dearly.

Run free at the Bridge GDog until we all meet again.

Cindy, Snatch and Tango

xx

Deeyer Ginniz,

Itz me Charleyfoodog. Me muvver wuz reedink an she dint no wot to rite sew I sed I'd do it insted.

We ownlee met thee wunts wen yoo an Poppydog cayme to me owse. Yoo no I downt lyke straynj dogs mutch but yoo wuz diffrunt an we wuz orl appee four yoo two wunder rownd an sniff us bumms. I even let yoo go hupstayers two meet thee katzwivspykes evun thow yoor mum sed yoo dint lyke kats mutch. Yoo ownlee snifft um ennyway so dat wuz orlriyt.

Me mum sez ockayshunully yoo meetz ay dog wot is speshul [lyke me n Cisco are] an she sez yoo is wun of them sortz. She sez yoo wuz ay gentulmun an ay skolar an I haff two say I hagree.

Everywun wot ever met yoo or red abowt yoo nose wot a speshul dog yoo iz an yoor mum was very onord to have 6 yeers wiv yoo and visey versy.

Weez orl goink two miss yoo veree veree mutch mayte.

Yoo tek care of orl them uther dogs n katswivspykes an luc owt four our Boofy wot went two evven in Haypril.

Mowst happee two have mayde yoor akwayntunts Gdog.

Lotz n lotz of luv frum

Charleyfoodog [me], Dennis, Cisco, Amber, Sidknee and speshul luv frum my muvver to yoors.

xxxxx