UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

Morning

Glad to hear the builders have shown up, even if you do need earplugs!

I'm meeting my mum at costco at lunch to stock up on some bits and bobs - we're not members but my parents are, which is useful. Looks like OH is going to be car shopping again - garage have quoted £6000 for a new gear box :ohmy: :( Not worth it for a car that cost half that. He is not a happy bunny - he loves his car.

Oh dear Sophie it sounds like your husband is having no luck with his car :(

Archie has been very upset by the noise and went and lay out by the back gate shivering in the drizzle. I called him in and made a fuss of him and played a little game. Although he went back outside he finally has given up and curled up in my arm chair and seems to be sleeping. I am hoping when Cara comes for him that it might be one of those days when she keeps him out for a while. He is such a sensitive little chap.

£6k for a new gearbox?! What does he drive?

Glad the builders have arrived and started work :)

Have had another Ted update - he is starting to show a tiny improvement, the upper parts of his legs are moving voluntarily now, but he still doesn't really know where his feet are :unsure: He is now having physio every hour instead of every 4 hours, and Tom has given him a steroid today to see if that helps him along a bit :unsure:

Yikes...... Sophie, really feel for your OH, i agree with the others, a recon gearbox will do the job, also is the car with a dealership? if it is, that is where quite a bit of the cost will come from as they charge book time not the actual time it takes to do the job. we have a place here called the clutch clinic and they do recon boxes and are very reasonably priced..... i would have a ring round of a few places and compare prices before writing the car off altogether, also when we had to get our head replaced the guy at the garage wanted to charge me £1300 for a recon head.... i asked could i supply my own and he said yes but he wouldn't guarantee the head only the fitting and if it failed he couldn't be held accountable unless it was something he did that failed... i agreed and got a recon head for £500 saved £800 by making a couple of phone calls. hope you get it sorted out, cars are a pain in the bum

Yantan, hope your work goes smoothly and you soon have peace restored

Owl, hope they manage to sort your car out

Jacobean, glad you have your kitchen finished and we have a bit of a dull day too

Snow.... i wonder how on earth your gardeners remain in business, word of mouth is a powerful tool and in this day and age i would want to be keeping hold of all of my clients

Gooster, hope Ted decides to start using his legs soon

i have got a spray tan machine Lol, got sprayed and was having a panic about going orange, after about 4 hours i decided i looked like an oompa loompa so tried washing it off.... some came off and the rest stayed on, i was gutted but at least it was only my legs, got up in the morning and i looked brown and a lovely even colour, by the end of the day i was a lovely golden colour and looked like i had been abroad, just got a new sample to try where it claims i can wash it off after 2-3 hours for a light tan or 3-4 for a darker tan..... i just hope i don't go too dark

Edited by griff

Lol, i don't know what would be worse..... being orange or having green arm pits Lol.... you can get neutralizer wipes now and i must remember to paint my fingernails to stop them getting stained! just have to teach my mum how to use the gun and hope i turn out o.k!

• Like 1

The worst part was that the girl asked if I had deodorant on and I said no (reasoning that as it was about 10 hours since I had put it on, I was ok). When they went green, she said in a really arsey way, that they had gone green as I had deodorant on. Felt like a naughty school kid who had been caught lying!

• Like 1

OMG Yantan....... i think i would have moved out!!!! i bet it will be wonderful when it is done.

No luck yet with the staffy pup.... which is good in a way as it isn't good to see young pups in rescue (not that i like seeing any dog in rescue), Owl sent a link to one but it was a little boy and i am not really convinced i want another boy after laney.... i luffs my boy a lot but he has turned my hair grey Lol, my girly on the other hand...Angel! i am sure if i saw a boy one actually in the flesh and if he was in dire need i would take him but realistically this will be my last dog. i am also not rushing too much as i have quite a few hospital appointments this month and next month and i am not keen on leaving a young dog in a crate for several hours (unless i am there and it is bed time) we will find one at some point i am sure, i did get a bit narked with one rescue as they said i'd to email enquiries so i did 3 times and they never once got back to me but i bet if they need funds i will get an email quick enough!

The worst part was that the girl asked if I had deodorant on and I said no (reasoning that as it was about 10 hours since I had put it on, I was ok). When they went green, she said in a really arsey way, that they had gone green as I had deodorant on. Felt like a naughty school kid who had been caught lying!

hahahahaha, to be honest i don't know why they don't just make everyone use a wipe before hand, they don't cost that much and your clients are your advert.

• Like 1