UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 'say Hello' Thread

wiccaweys

Hello and Welcome to The Refuge. :biggrin:

I thought I would start this thread off so Newbies have a thread already open to come and say hello.

Nice and easy if you don't feel ready to starting a thread of your own just yet.

Just say hi here, and introduce yourself when you are ready.

I'm Sarah & I'm part of the Mod team.

I also run Wiccaweys Rescue Border Collies & Working Sheepdogs with my partner Paul.

We have about 20 permanent residents in our family, plus all the rescue dogs.

Obviously we have a fair few collies racing round here, but we also have other doggie family members including 7 Pekingese, a Japanese Chin, a German Spitz, a Lurcher and an Irish Red & White Setter.

We have a retirement home for old collies that are unlikely to get a home due to their age, and our oldest resident is the legendary Grandad Brynn who is about 21!

We also have several cats, chickens and have recently had a small herd of pygmy goats join the family.

That's me in a nutshell. wag.gif

Come along in and say hi - the waters lovely!

Thank you Sarah, since the water feels so good thought I would dip my toes :laugh:

I am Catherine, and I run a rescue on a voluntary basis in Warrington Cheshire along with a team of highly dedicated volunteers. The rescue, Warrington Animal Welfare, have a strong neutering policy which means we not only rescue dogs but also offer reduced or free neuterings to people who would not otherwise have their dogs done!

Personally I am owned by three dogs, a Bearded Collie X called Molly who gave us all a fright a week or so ago by disappearing for 24 hours :( . A little Staffie x boy called Murphy who is now 14 years of age and one of my favourite ever boys he is so gentle considering the biting little boy who arrived with me! Then there is the BBB, my yorkshire terrier (enough said!). He is now 13 years old and getting younger by the day.

I have worked in rescue for around 13 years and find it the most challenging thing I have ever done, while there are days I wish to give it all up .. the rest of the time I just keep going.

Anyway hi to everyone

Catherine

x

Guess I say Hello too and join the warm waters :biggrin:

My name is Cindy and I am the Chair and Foster Co-ordinator for the Oldies Club. We are a volunteer run rescue group who help old dogs find forever homes.

I am owned by Snatch our 13ish year old rescue staffy and we live in SWales.

Cindy :biggrin:

Hi

Im Alicia :biggrin:

Im not a rescue, but have 2 rescued dogs living with me. Shadow, my 8yr old GSD girl, and Freddie, the 5yr old sheltie. I also have 6 chinchillas. I only wanted 2, but im soft lol

Im in Harlow Essex, with my 2 teenage sons, who are harder to train than the animals :laugh: :laugh:

:flowers: Hello

I have 4 rescue dogs- 2 border collies, a collie x and an Austrailian Kelpie nutcase!

I live on the Surrey/Hants border and am aparently doggy obsessed. :wacko: We do agility and flyball.

I also have 2 little children and a shetland pony! :biggrin:

:flowers: Hello

I have 4 rescue dogs- 2 border collies, a collie x and an Austrailian Kelpie nutcase!

I live on the Surrey/Hants border and am aparently doggy obsessed. :wacko: We do agility and flyball.

I also have 2 little children and a shetland pony! :biggrin:

:wavey: Hello NED

You sound like you have a lovely, active housefull :) . Have you found the Agility and flyball threads here?

If you have the technology, we'd love to see photos of your doggies :wub: , start a new/your own topic here if you like :flowers:

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about The Refuge etc.

Welcome again

Helen

Hi , I'm Nancy and I like to help Fife Rottweiler Rescue ,

Any way I can . :biggrin:

I just adore the breed .

I live up here in Fife, Scotland . I have been married

for 40 years and we have 2 rescued dogs a 10 year old

Doberman and a 1 year old Rottweiler .

I am looking for another Rottweiler it will be another

rescue . I find this so rewarding .

Hope to get to know you all as time goes on. :flowers:

HI.. Eileen & Stuart here.

We do fostering for WAW and help out collecting dogs from homes or doing vet runs.

We have 4 dogs of our own..Cassie 9yrs, Bobby 3yrs, Tara 18 months and Mr Woofy 8 yrs, all original rescue dogs. We also have 5 cats..Suki 20 yrs, Poppy 5yrs, Misty (poppy's daughter) 4yrs, Molly 5yrs and Cilla the physcho cat (runs after and attacks the dogs) again all rescue cats. Last but not least we have 3 rescue terrapins.

At the moment we are fostering long/short term for WAW a labrador x who has liver tumours and has only weeks/months to live, her name is Alana and she is 8 yrs old and is a very special lady indeed.

:flowers: :flowers:

:wavey: Hi everyone

Im Mags and I live in Ireland with my better half, our 19 months old son, two dogs - boxer and westie, and two cats.

I will be moving house shortly and when we get settled I am hoping to start fostering. I had a foster for a couple of weeks, a border collie called Jack who went to Wiccaweys (Hi Sarah :wavey: ) and I believe he has since been rehomed :partytime:

Guest rosietwo

hi everyone

my name is sue i live in birmingham.married have two children and grandson.owned by three labradors.im a helper for labrador rescue south east &cenral.love this site.sue+girls