UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Is It Possible

heva

Not really, getting my nails done and after that i couldnt possibly do anything incase one shouldfall off (or whatever they do) then im having tea and cucumber sarnies with fellow bored housewives while we discuss the latest bit of stuff . Relaxing bath then rest from all the overdoing it of the days events.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but the only people who would search for that are people who don't need to! :)

People who don't know of The Refuge but are looking for a dog rescue forum would probably just search for 'dog rescue forum'. I've just tried that and The Refuge didn't appear in the top 50. :(

thats what i meant .....if people search for a dog rescue then we all know which site comes up! how else to we get new people up! apart from posting refuge.co.uk everywhere! sorry dont take this as having a go i just want more people to use it!

It's mostly just that the site is quite young and doesn't have that many links to it yet.

Although a slight amendment to the default title tag would help: at the moment the site will probably start appearing for the search 'the refuge' (in fact, it already does if you search for 'the refuge' using quotes) but not for 'rescue forum' or anything like that.

I suspect the site will never be #1 for 'dog rescue' because the site is not just a dog site. If you compare this to Dogpages, you can see that the content and setup of DP, particularly the name of it, is much more oriented towards dog-only rescue. As the scope of the Refuge is broader, it is likely to be more difficult for the Refuge to compete on dog-only keywords, at least to start with.