UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mooncups ( feminine hygiene product )

gooster

A few of my friends and family members have tried the Mirena, and none of them had any good to say about them (in fact most had painful sounding horror stories). I'll never, ever use a coil.

I must admit I do get some side effects from the Depo, but I would put up with being fat and spotty forever to not have periods, and thanks to Depo I don't have them, ever.

Of course if there was another option which I could use that would keep me baby and period free forever, I'd consider that too.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kathy, have you looked at the Implanon implant? I had a dreadful time with Depo, but I love the implant. I don't have periods either. Just had my 3rd one fitted (and I had a Norplant before that too, but Implanon is a lot better 'cos it is just one 'stick').

Kathy, have you looked at the Implanon implant? I had a dreadful time with Depo, but I love the implant. I don't have periods either. Just had my 3rd one fitted (and I had a Norplant before that too, but Implanon is a lot better 'cos it is just one 'stick').

Another vote for Implanon here :)

It hasn't stopped my periods completely but they are very light and only last a couple of days

A few of my friends and family members have tried the Mirena, and none of them had any good to say about them (in fact most had painful sounding horror stories). I'll never, ever use a coil.

I've had my Mirena for a year now with no problems at all but we all know that different people do better/worse with different devices/medications etc.

Having it fitted wasn't a lot of fun but I'm of a "certain age " and it was a very long time since I'd had a baby (28 years). Apparently it's much easier if you're younger and have had a baby in the not too distant past. My daughter (the aforementioned "baby") has just had a Mirena fitted 8 weeks after giving birth and she said it was fine.

I bought a mooncup back when this thread was started and although my periods don't seem any lighter or shorter I don't get any cramps with them :) I find it much easier than tampons, its only ever leaked twice and it "feels" better

I have never had a coil, implants or depo I just used the pill til I had Tom and then sent Howard for the snip :laugh:

I've had my Mirena for a year now with no problems at all but we all know that different people do better/worse with different devices/medications etc.

Having it fitted wasn't a lot of fun but I'm of a "certain age " and it was a very long time since I'd had a baby (28 years). Apparently it's much easier if you're younger and have had a baby in the not too distant past. My daughter (the aforementioned "baby") has just had a Mirena fitted 8 weeks after giving birth and she said it was fine.

Thanks. :flowers: Unfortunately all the people who have told me about their Mirena probs were young, and mums like me. Two of them are relatives, so if there's something anatomically incompatible that runs in the family (I'm guessing here, I don't know that there is *lol*) I don't particularly want to risk the pain they went through when they slipped and half fell out. :unsure:

I'm sure they're wonderful for some people though :flowers:

Ive been told my last depo was the LAST one... Im too old :mecry: so have to decide between the implant, the mirena and a couple of house bricks (for him) :wacko:

You are so not helping :laugh:

my friend was told to stop depo at 40 but she argued she was a good weight, blood pressure was fine, no great risk from family history etc. They agreed to send her for a bone density test which came back fine so she has been given another 5 years of depo allowance. Might be worth asking if it agrees with you and you dont want to stop taking it.

On my second Mirena here too , changed in sept , not the most pleasant experience due to the Dr not being able to find strings :ohno02: but they got it out eventually , and the new one in , so many more years of lighter periods I hope. Mine didnt stop , but from how they were I can now get on with my life instead of planning trips around toilets , and carrying huge amounts of "supplies" when it was "that time" :biggrin:

re the mooncup, might be a stoopid question, but what do you do in public toilets or toilets at work, I mean you can't come out to wash the thing in full view of everyone!

I tend to only use tampons at night and find them uncomfortable at times, is the mooncup more comfortable and easy to use?

Edited by Brenda