UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

march 23

Jazz

Went shopping the other  and after getting my card out to pay I turned round  to payt and the woman behind me in the queue was standing at the machine, about to out her card against it.

I looked at her and she looked at me then realised what she was doing1 

I did offer that she could pay for my shopping if she wanted.

• Haha 1

Happy Birthday Mouse. i hope she < and the others, are getting a birthday treat.

Rain has stopped so going to pop out for some shopping.

Yesterday was windy and sunny  to begin with yesterday  so managed to cut my grass before it rained agin in the evening.

It was a bit wet but as it was 6 inches high I was worried it would get too long for the lawnmower to cut. The forecast is more wet weather so not much prospect of it drying .

The longer it is the longer it takes to dry. It is not perfect but looks better than it did.

• Like 1

Pheasants do seem to walk around without seeing what is around them.

When I lived up north we had loads of pheasants as they raised them then released them for shooting parties. One winter we had 20 coming to the garden to feed.

My two dogs ignored them- in fact Murphy was worried they would pinch his bone so used to grab it and walk away looking over his shoulder to make sure they were not following him.

He used to chase his toy into the middle of them and they ignored him.

they also ignored the traffic on the road when they wanted to cross and were shocked when a car whizzed past their beaks.

They  were a good example of bird brained.

The fact that they were raised in captivity and released into the wild meant they did not acquire survival skills or maternal skills. The females walked off leaving babies behind without a glance back.. the babies had to watch and follow mum.

• Like 1

How did hospital visit go, jazz?

Lovely sunny day but cool wind.  More rain forecast for the rest of the week so washing done and dried.

Just starting to get dark now.  it is nice to have lighter evenings.

If you haven't seen it here is a link to the national test on 23 April of the emergency warning the  UK Gove is going to send out if necessary.

Beware, it is loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmdqHLekkBQ